need information on Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent an inquiry to Deep blue so I'll see how it goes. And I'm going to look at the metroexpress again. I looked at it once but really helps to have other divers give their opinions on places, especially in unfamiliar areas.

next question. Our flight from SAP departing will deaprt at 10:30 so I'm going to go with thinking that we'll have to return to SAP the day before, right? Just being sure.

I stayed at the Deep Blue this past April, and only have loud accolades for it! There was only one other couple there at the time, so the three of us had the whole resort to ourselves! The owners are very personable, the food is fantastic, the captain(s) very knowledgable about the good dive sites, and take you to places that are remote and breathtaking. It's right on the water and very remote, so you feel like you "own" the island.

On the last day of your trip (when you can't dive due to the 24 hour limit before flying theory) they will take you to town if you want in their private boat. "Town" is only a couple of blocks long and can be done in less than 1/2 hour. When I went, I was glad that I had spent the week at Deep Blue and not in town. It's definitley more crowded than the idealic atmosphere of Deep Blue. If you want comfort and pampering (and hot water) Deep Blue is a winner!

I would return there in a heartbeat if I could. Whatever place you choose, enjoy your trip!

I sent an inquiry to Deep blue so I'll see how it goes.

Steve Fox owns Deep Blue - [user]DeepBlueDivers[/user] He's on here all the time.
next question. Our flight from SAP departing will deaprt at 10:30 so I'm going to go with thinking that we'll have to return to SAP the day before, right? Just being sure.
Not necessarily. We had to catch the 6:10AM ferry back to La Ceiba. So we left Deep Blue about 5:15AM IIRC. The other divers had a flight out to the States thru SAP and they left earlier than we did. Of course IDK if they were trying to catch your flight or a later one. Or what airline they flew from Utila.

If this is current it looks like you can get there in time on Aerolinas Sosa with a stop in La Ceiba:
From Utila

Flt P4#041 Depart Utila (UII) 6:20 am - Arrive La Ceiba (LCE) 6:30 am (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)

From La Ceiba

Flt P4#060 Depart La Ceiba (LCE) 8:00 am - Arrive San Pedro Sula (SAP) 8:25 am (Mon to Sat)

http://www.aboututila.com/TravelInfo/Aerolineas-SOSA/Index.htm

Steve's Mom Shirley knows all this stuff. She handles all the arrivals and departures.

Last edited:
three of the places I've been looking at are
Mango Inn, Coral View and deep blue. I seem to have a consensious with Deep blue but price wise the other two are more affordable. Does anyone have any info on the dive and or accomidations of the first two?

Thanks for all the insight and help to our Utila trip. Trip is booked and we are packed and ready to go. I'll post the trip when we return. Looking forward to getting out of this colder weather for awhile :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom