Need input on Dive System sidemount regulator

Should i buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nanthawatm14

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I am quite new to the community of sidemount diving (around 40 dives) and will soon be buying a new sidemount regulator set. My instructor recommend that I buy a sidemount set from a brand called Dive System (yes he is sponsored by that brand) a brand which I have never heard of and is apparently an Italy brand. I would like to know if its gonna be a good purchase or not.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Can you supply a link to a site and also the price? That will help with the quality of advice you get.

Regulators from dive system? Didn't know they made that.

It looks like yet another similar design to Apeks. eg HOG, tecline, etc etc etc.

Or you could go for the deep6 for like $850....
It looks like the same set

Or you could go for the deep6 for like $850....
It looks like the same set
exactly what im thinking. at around 1400USD for a full sidemount set. I could either buy deep6 set at a lower price or go a little bit further and get an Apeks sidemount set (XTX50) at 1585USD.

No doubt I would get something else at that price. I’ve been diving Deep6 sidemount for more than a year now and am very happy.

It appears that the clv 1st is not a turret style 1st which is not optimal for sidemount regulators.
just had a talk with my instructor about this. There is actually a turreted version of it and that is the one I am gettin. Good to know though that turreted first stage is actually prefered for sidemount cause I'm under the impression that most sidemount diver prefer first stage with no turret. So, would you say its a reasonable set of regulator at the price point ?

No. There are way more established, reputable brands that you can get at the same price point, with the benefit of worldwide service etc

There are also very good brands at half the price.

That’s not to say that there is anything wrong with these but I would never buy a brand that nobody has heard of in the rest of the world at that price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom