need new regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm throwing in a vote for the DiveRite RG2500 Balanced Diaphragm. Awesome performance at any depth, They have a cold water version if that is the kind of diving you are going to do. They work outstanding for any kind of diving you would ever want to do. Comes in DIN with an optional Yoke spinon adapter.
That and Diverite is one of the few manufactures that sell the service kits to anyone, so if you are inclined to service your own regs you don't need a special cert just to get parts so if you travel you don't have to worry about finding a repair shop, just have a kit and a few tools with you, not to mention how easy they are to service.
www.scubadiscounters.com has them available for an awesome price right now of $300. If I already didn't have 3 sets of them i'd grab a couple more.

thanks for the advice. my diving is done here in tennessee,flordia and mexico. nothing to cold. i have not shop for new regs in a long time. so things have changed since i bought mine. i like the idea of being able to service my own. i am uncomfortable giving my regs to somebody else to service. all the years i have been diving i have seen many lds come and go here. so iam looking for a reliable no friles set up i can service.

I'd give you 3 recommendations:
used Mk10
Mk17
Mk2 ~ unbalanced but nearly bullet proof.

dump:
thanks for the advice. my diving is done here in tennessee,flordia and mexico. nothing to cold. i have not shop for new regs in a long time. so things have changed since i bought mine. i like the idea of being able to service my own. i am uncomfortable giving my regs to somebody else to service. all the years i have been diving i have seen many lds come and go here. so iam looking for a reliable no friles set up i can service.

Dive Rite will allow you to get service kits. As will Salvo.

I would go with what is available locally, (parts).
Most anything out there is pretty good nowadays. Personal preference and your LDS are major factors.
Sherwoods are good, reliable, nearly bullet-proof regs for sport divers.
Zeagles are very tough and offer extremely high performance.
Sealed first stages, (whether piston or diaphragm), can be a plus when salting them often as they require very little care. JMO

jeckyll:
Dive Rite will allow you to get service kits. As will Salvo.

You can get Oxycheqs from Golem gear for $ 190.00

http://www.golemgear.com/pc-283-18-oxycheq-regulator-kit.aspx

These appear to be the same as Dive Rite and Salvo for less money. Also Scubatoys has a Scuba Max regulator which seems to be identical to those above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom