Need recommendations for an Instructor in the south Orlando area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyramid65

Contributor
Reaction score
Title says it all....look'in to advance my education and will soon be in Florida (hopefully)....I dive side mount and currently have a Padi Master Diver cert

I met a bunch of the Dayo Scuba folks on a live-aboard a couple of years ago. Great group and the instructors seemed very competent and knowledgeable. I've not taken any training from them so can't really give a personal endoresement but enjoyed the live-aboard.

What are you looking at taking as ConEd? Why not just dive more?

what Victor said, you just mentioned coned, you need to look at your long term goals to really figure out what kind of instructor you need to find. You mention sidemount which is fine and dandy, but if you want to get into wreck penetration our recommendations will be very different than if you want to get into cave diving, which is very different than if you want to be an OW instructor. Dayo is a good place to start if you want to stay local though.

I plan on diving and diving some more....don't wanna teach, know where to go for cave, tech I guess, want to go into deco, advanced nitrox

That's not particularly helpful, but I'd just run to Dayo and talk to TJ if you are trying to get a local training progression. He's pretty squared away and will certainly help make sure you get into a training progression that makes sense. Having the longer term goals really does help your progression though because the paths can be very different.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom