Need so info which is better Sony HC1 or HC3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill did you watch the night dive video of the Eagle wreck I posted the link to?
If so, the topside shot at the beginning was shot after sunset and everyones comment to me who was on the boat said "It was darking than that wasn't it?"

And that was the HC1,

Sorry, thought you knew about camcorderinfo.com.

Here's another good forum:
http://www.sonyhdvinfo.com/

Thanks Steve I'll try that one to. Now you have the HC 1 right? How is it in low light and auto W/B Mark

mdmbike to scuba:
Now you have the HC 1 right?
Yes
How is it in low light
Not great but certainly usable. I've only had one situation where the video was all grainy - and a little red-shifted. That was when a DM pointed her normal dive light at a shark about 12' in under a ledge while I filmed it. W/O the light you wouldn't even have seen it though, it was pretty dark.
and auto W/B
I leave it on auto all the time. I don't have a control for MWB so I'm experimenting with powering off the camera between shots. Since the camera does an Auto WB at startup while pointed at something white. Mixed results so far, it worked very well last summer in the Bahamas pointed at the white sand bottom, not so good last fall pointed at a slate in green waters filled with particulate matter.

Shasta_man:
Apparently Sony is making your decision for you as HC3 is discontinued.

Certainly was PO'ed about this decision.

Anyone know what model is replacing it?

Well Im so glad I didnt get that one. I hope they put out a newer and better model. Let hope that it is more like the HC1 or A1u. Mark

mdmbike to scuba:
Well Im so glad I didnt get that one. I hope they put out a newer and better model. Let hope that it is more like the HC1 or A1u. Mark
I'm not sure there is another one coming out. Haven't seen any rumors anywhere. If there is, I'm guessing it'll be at CES next week.

Sonystyle.com only lists the FX1, FX7, SR1(HDD/AVCHD) and UX1(DVD/AVCHD) now. They don't even have the A1U anywhere on the site.

And with the current low-end models being sold with an "Easy" button, it shows you where their marketing is headed - at least on the low-end.

Want to get a camera that won't be obsolete for a while? Get a Red One. Only $17,500.

sjspeck:
Want to get a camera that won't be obsolete for a while? Get a Red One. Only $17,500.
Looks like something from Star ship trooper . 17,500 wow! do you think they will take a check:rofl3: Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom