Need Some Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

exile824

Registered
Reaction score
Got my open water cert thru PADI. Recently moved and looking to get more certs. Guy here teaches and certifies thru SSI. Is this going to be a problem? Will SSI count towards Advanced Open water Cert thru PADI?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, they are all interchangable. I have my OW, & Rescue through SSI, AOW through NAUI, & Nitrox through PADI. Just happened to work out that way, through different instructors working through the same shop.

exile824:
Got my open water cert thru PADI. Recently moved and looking to get more certs. Guy here teaches and certifies thru SSI. Is this going to be a problem? Will SSI count towards Advanced Open water Cert thru PADI?

Thanks for your help.
Well, yes and no. I got my O/W with SSI, my Nitrox with TDI and everything else with PADI. For AOW with PADI, there is a specific course. For SSI a certain number of specialties & # of dives add up to AOW. Just looked at my first log book and SSI says 24 dives and 4 specialty courses equals AOW. Same thing with most of their other levels until you get to DiveCon. SSI levels many are # of specialties and dives not seperate classes. PADI requires classes for levels, there is an AOW class, a Rescue class, a Dive Master class etc. PADI will accept your SSI ratings towards the next higher level class you are looking to take with PADI (must have AOW or equvalent from accepted organization). So yes they are interchangable but you won't get PADI AOW by just having the dives and specialties that you will with SSI (you would have to take the PADI AOW course) but your SSI AOW will count as AOW for higher up PADI courses. Make any sense? :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom