Need some dive buddies in Palm beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underbluewaters

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So im moving to palm beach here soon and i need dive buddies!!! Had a great dive crew down in the keys and here on the gulf side now.... but im moving to palm beach county and i wanna go diving!!! Im looking into some shops and clubs now but anyone have any suggestions? LETS DIVE!!! :)

So im moving to palm beach here soon and i need dive buddies!!! Had a great dive crew down in the keys and here on the gulf side now.... but im moving to palm beach county and i wanna go diving!!! Im looking into some shops and clubs now but anyone have any suggestions? LETS DIVE!!! :)

A lot of us dive UWExplorer in Boynton Beach pretty regularly. I've done 109 dives so far in 2008 and 31 of them were on UWExplorer. :)

I am fairly new so here is my recommendation based on my limited experience (keeping in mind input from my much more experienced dive buddies)

I have not really tried seeking out a dive club, since I have very regular and safe dive buddies.

As for shops I recommend Force-E, they have been pretty good to me. I would feel safe diving with most of the guys working there (and I have, as it is where I took my OW and AOW courses) Scuba Works in Jupiter is really close to my house and the new owners seem pretty cool.

As far as big crowded boats, I like the Narcosis, although the Little Deeper has good service with loading/unloading of tanks and gear. My dive crew (girlfriend and her parents) usually dives on a 6-pack in Pompano. I have not been on the smaller boats locally yet. Some of my co-workers and I will dive occasionally but that is kind of sporadic. I still want to try diving in Jupiter, especially since it is where I live....

If you like seeing bigger fish, I highly reccomend Jupiter diving. I have found my home at Jupiter Dive Center. They run 2 boats and have the best shop in Palm Beach County as far as I'm concerned. They are top notch in every respect from the shop to the boats to the crews.

Can ya wait a couple years till I move down there myself? Lol, check out Kev's thread that's in here, Boynton beach dive chronicles or something like that, they look like they have a lot of fun. Keep the beers cold for me and leave me some lobstas!

Thanks guys!! Cant wait to be diving some nice waters again im over the gulf side!! :) Always like the big guys out there too... Wanna get invoved with some good clubs around the area. Anyone know a good shop for an instructor class wth Naui?

I know one of the guys at Force-E (Mark) was mentioning some stuff about Naui during my AOW class so they might do it. If not I am certain they would point you in the right direction. When are you headed this direction?

Well ill be spending the month of January there, then back here (St. Pete) till April then officially back for May's warm waters :) Mark is he at Force E in Boca? Their NAUI?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom