Need Some Miami/Ft. Lauderdale help ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasonic

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be going to DEMA in Miami will be staying for a week looking to go diving where are some good dives in this area. Have dove in Key West & Largo but wanted to know about other places.

Gennie Springs? areas like that help a poor West coast boy out please !!!

Thanks in advance.

-SS

Ginnie Springs is over 4 hours from Miami. Unless you are really wanting to dive some fresh water, I would stay down south. Tons of great diving in that area. There is shore diving in Ft. Lauderdale. I like Parrot Island Scuba in Pompano for a boat. I'm sure some of the locals on the baord can make some suggestions.

First of all I need to know exactly where you're staying. Are you staying in Miami of Ft. Lauderdale. I know DEMA is in Miami but there are a few folks I've heard say they were going to stay up here instead of Miami.

My number one recomendation would be ProDive. I dive with them all the time and the staff is great. Pro Dive a little further south, near the Ft. Lauderdale Airport, then Parrot Island SCUBA is but I have dived with them as well and they are good outfit as well.

Don't waste your time driving to the Keys to dive, there is plenty of great diving right here. As Wendy said, you can shore dive all over this area if you like the shallow stuff and any of the dive boats can take you to a great wreck dive. Ask them if they are going to do Tenneco Towers or The Tracy off Ft. Lauderdale or the Wreck Treck in the Miami area. All are great dives with tons of marine life. Tenneco is an old oil rig platform that was sunk in the late 80's. It has several levels to it but is wide open for great swim throughs and fantastic pictures if you have a camera. It's one of my favorites.

Let me know if you need any more info and what days you're going to be at DEMA. Maybe we can meet somewhere and check out the show. This is going to be my first time.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom