Need to have reg O2 cleaned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VinceDS:
As long as mix is banked and less than 40%, you sre good to go.
Spare us! Read above posts before replying please. He's talking about regs, they only touch the final blend of nitrox, not what goes in during PP blending.

MY01SHADOW:
Hello,

Quick question on reg cleaning for recreational Nitrox use. I've had these regs for just about a 10 months and have about 12-15 dives on them using only air. Don't know if all that air was "clean" air since much of it came from a couple of different local quarries' compressors with the balance coming from a Ft. Lauderdale dive boat's tanks. Do I need to have them O2 cleaned and if I do, will use of air from the same compressors void their O2 rating?

Thanks,

Mike

Not unless you deal with one certain shop that I know of. There they insist that you must have your regs O2 cleaned and serviced, unless you bought them from him. In which case they are good to go. He must get his gear from a different box.

I'd not buy anything more than an air fill from that shop and only then if it was much more convenient than anyplace else. I'd also tell them why. I can be stubborn that way though.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceDS
As long as mix is banked and less than 40%, you sre good to go.

Spare us! Read above posts before replying please. He's talking about regs, they only touch the final blend of nitrox, not what goes in during PP blending.

Everyone makes a mistake from time to time. don't be so touchy...

I wouldn't bring your regs into that shop when filling your tanks. If the idiot persists, ask him if he will O2 clean your BC. It's fun to watch morons squirm, but only in front of other people :eyebrow:

Lead_carrier:
Not unless you deal with one certain shop that I know of. There they insist that you must have your regs O2 cleaned and serviced, unless you bought them from him. In which case they are good to go. He must get his gear from a different box.

Dan Gibson:
I wouldn't bring your regs into that shop when filling your tanks. If the idiot persists, ask him if he will O2 clean your BC. It's fun to watch morons squirm, but only in front of other people :eyebrow:

Thanks to everyone for the quick and detailed replies. I do not own a tank mostly because everyone in my area that fills Nitrox uses PP blending and I don't want to dive Nitrox on every dive and don't get to dive enough to justify two separate tanks for both the wife and I.

Thanks again for the help and wish us luck as we are taking the SSI Nitrox course in the next 2 weeks!

Mike

MY01SHADOW:
Thanks to everyone for the quick and detailed replies. I do not own a tank mostly because everyone in my area that fills Nitrox uses PP blending and I don't want to dive Nitrox on every dive and don't get to dive enough to justify two separate tanks for both the wife and I.

Thanks again for the help and wish us luck as we are taking the SSI Nitrox course in the next 2 weeks!

Mike

Good luck!!

Dan Gibson:

Hey. If the regs need it then the BC surely would too. <g> BTW. What if you are diving a 50% mix? Would you need an additional bottle (like Argon for a drysuit) for the BC? Since you brought it up, how does that work? Is there not enough pressure in the BC system to be a problem?

Joe

Sideband:
Since you brought it up, how does that work? Is there not enough pressure in the BC system to be a problem?

Joe
Bingo.... but... why would you be breathing 50% on your back gas? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom