Nekton Belize a big disappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree - it speaks well of an operation and individuals when they own up/speak up for themselves.

Thanks for posting!

Hooray for the 100th dive!! LOL.......for those of you who were there.......you know you're laughing too! :moon:

Nicole

Your 100th dive was truly an memorable event for sure!!!

Joe

Joe..........oooo man. Yes that was a great dive!! I have yet to show the video to too many people. I have never seen that many glow sticks on one BC!! I am glad that you were my dive buddy on that one! :D How did the beard go over??
Nicole

Thanks for replying Nelson. We had a great time on your boat last Aug in the Caymans and we were happy to hear that Tucker got a promotion to Capt. Your response means a lot.

Hey Nicole! Glad to see the second week was better! We were on the first trip with her and Lemurs....Now I have just scanned this forum and have not read every single page, but has the person who claimed to have been on that trip, (Oct 20-27), come forward since posting that Lemurs was telling lies? I can tell you they were not lies. Our toilet was one that backed up! It was awful, but they did the best they could to get it taken care of. I have to say that I have no desire to go back to Belize though. I had an ok time, but not what I was wanting for the $$$ we spent to go. It was definitely NOT the trip of a lifetime. I suppose we should have sent an e-mail to NEkton regarding this as we were originally thinking of going through Nekton in the furture, but after that trip, not so much!
Anyway I want the scoop from you and Tana Nicole! Give us some good stories and and all that! Don't forget we need pic too as the chip in our camera decided to fail on the last day of diving! Still can't believe it dumped all those pics!!! UGH! Take it easy!

Greetings from NCDiver, recently returned from a great week aboard the Nekton Pilot!!!

I just got in yesterday after a 1 hour AA delay in Bleize Airport turned into a missed flight in Miami and an overnight stay for a flight Monday morning back to Raleigh. Seems I have a problem getting thru Miami on AA every time.

I am afraid that time will be a bit tight to do a better trip report until I get my desk back under control, but thought some of you might like an initial cut.

Basically, if there were problems, they have been corrected. The crew was friendly, helpful, and seemed to like each other and what they are doing. The Captain, Capt. Grant, is personable, laid back, good sense of humor and really seams to know what he is doing. Maintenance items were addressed quickly, meals were good and on time and the dive deck was well run. One completed her open water and loved her instructor. Several did Adv OW and one did his Nitrox cert. again with positive feedback.

The weather was dreary the first of the week and the vis varied from 50 to 70 most days with one site somewhat less. Water warm, about 82 with cool / warm spots occasionally. No real thermoclines. Current overall mild to none but one site was pretty stiff and the dive deck was closed and we moved to another site where we did 2 afternoon dives, a night dive and a dawn dive making 6 dives that day.

Everyone on board got along well. Don't think there was one person who got out of joint about anything. Talked with the group about doing it again and got 100% let me know when, from all the passengers, our group as well as the others. I plan to go again, maybe next year about this time.

I will post more later and a reoprt with photos on my site soon. But wanted to keep my promise to post a report as soon I could.

Hope this helps those of you who have a trip coming up. I will try to answer questions as I have time.

Perry

Thanks for posting so quickly Perry, it's great to hear that the one cruise wasn't typical. :D Glad you had a great time and definitely looking forward to hearing more.

Greetings from NCDiver, recently returned from a great week aboard the Nekton Pilot!!!

NC Diver (Perry):

Now this is the kind of trip report I want to read the month before I head out on the same vessel.

I've been eagerly anticipating your report. Glad you had a great time. Looking forward to reading the complete report and seeing the photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom