NELD get-together overnighter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If i can go where can i sign up? Are we all going to meet somewhere 1st. Im coming from NJ so ill need directions to the ferry

Good question about meeting up first... we'll have to start firming up those plans as the date approaches.

As far as sign-up, we have space reserved for a ton of divers, so I'd say showing up on the island on the 25th is the best way to confirm that you'll be there. :)

i gotta scam something with work to get off,maybe call in sick if i have to. I plan on bringing my underwater metal detector so i can fid me some riches. How many tanks are you going to bring?????

blacksambellamy:
i gotta scam something with work to get off,maybe call in sick if i have to. I plan on bringing my underwater metal detector so i can fid me some riches. How many tanks are you going to bring?????

I'm planning on bringing 6 tanks, some nitrox. Oh, and my underwater lobster detector, too.

Looks like high tides will be 9:31 AM and 9:39 PM. So much for a night-time bonfire below the high tide level.

decapoddiver:
Well, then I'm out. Hope you guys/gals have a great time.

Oh come on now, I have to think they are not serious. I for one think most rules are made to be broken, but not in this case. I can go for several days, well ok one and a half days without booze. It will be like Survivor two camps one wet one dry and of course several alliances in each camp. Come on show up we'll split a striped bass or something.

ScubaNorth:
It will be like Survivor two camps one wet one dry and of course several alliances in each camp.

I'll probably be the first one voted off the island!

LobstaMan

Question for everyone or someone either or. How deep is this place? Would a single tank set up work for this or not? Also I only own two tanks would there be someone willing to lend me a few tanks for this or do I need to go out and rent a few tanks. I am very interested. I will be moving back to school that weekend but I think that would be a great way to end the summer.

Jeepman3sk:
Question for everyone or someone either or. How deep is this place? Would a single tank set up work for this or not? Also I only own two tanks would there be someone willing to lend me a few tanks for this or do I need to go out and rent a few tanks. I am very interested. I will be moving back to school that weekend but I think that would be a great way to end the summer.

I was sniffing around on an on-line nautical map web site some time ago and I don't think the depths get anymore then 30 or 40 fsw on the west side of the island. I believe it's too shallow to dive from the east side. I think the site was maptech.com, but I can't be sure. Try that site and see what you come up with. That 30 or 40 fsw is most likely a fairly long swim from the shore of the island. Probably could stay much shallower.

LobstaMan

Back
Top Bottom