NELD Logo time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've mentioned this to a few of you, but it kept slipping my mind to get the time to make a formal post regarding it.

The Scubaboard powers-that-be have retained the services of a professional artist. However for the artist to do his thing, we need to describe what we want.

So we need to brainstorm ideas about a NELD logo design, and come up with a consensus on what we'd like it to be.

While sketches obviously would be easier to 'picture', we only need to come up with descriptive ideas for the artist to work with.

So... get the creative juices flowing!

should have the outlines of the New England region as well... The 6 NE states.

Perhaps a red lobster in the center of the outline of New England states, with a dive flag background.

Or the 6 states as the background, with a red lobster with a white stripe in the middle.

If we want to get really silly and creative, we can have the lobster standing up, grinning, holding a tickle stick and a game bag full of divers. :)

-Roman.

I'm thiking a dive flag shaped like New England with the state borders overlayed. Maybe we could have a Lobster on top sitting on top of New England (like where Quebec would be).

That's a lot of red though :)

I thought we had a logo - thanks MSILVIA. Is that not to be?

I think Matt's design is great! However, I think (and Jeff, correct me if I'm wrong) NDI may be looking for a small form-factor design. Something you could put on a patch or to use as a chest logo (where we had the flag and N.E.L.D. on the shirts). I'm not sure how well Matt's design will scale down to a small square or circular format that a patch/chest logos tends to be. But then again, I'm no graphics artist. Maybe we could con Matt into coming up with different back designs every year and use a common NDI NELD logo for the front.

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...
I think Matt's design is great! However, I think (and Jeff, correct me if I'm wrong) NDI may be looking for a small form-factor design. Something you could put on a patch or to use as a chest logo (where we had the flag and N.E.L.D. on the shirts).

yes, I think that's correct.

As far as Matt's design goes, I'm pretty sure we were clear that was a t-shirt design, and not an actual offical logo [if so, who wants more of the same t-shirt?].

Now don't get me wrong, I love the t-shirt design, but what we're looking for here is something more professional quality... something to signify a true Dive Club, rather than just a bunch of folks getting together informally on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom