NELD Logo time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually scaled down the design Matt did and put it on a little certificate to C-Otter for her birthday, it looked quite cool.

I actually thought - forgive me for being so naive, but I thought we were " a bunch of folks getting together informally on the internet" but let me add - that meets other divers and buddies and schedules trips as well as social events. When did we get so formal? Our lobster diver dude would look cool on a patch. Just my opinion. A new logo would have to be quited impressive to change my mind but who am I?

shellbird once bubbled...
A new logo would have to be quited impressive to change my mind but who am I?

I never indicated that we were looking for a 'new' logo... I indicated that we need to come up with ideas for a logo. If we decide that the lobster dude is what we want the logo to be, then so be it.

However I always considered that to be a 'back of shirt' design, and not something that'd we keep for future shirts...

If people want that for the logo, then so be it. I personally would rather we come up with something more logo-like, but, well, I'm only one vote.

Personally, I like the idea of having new england in the logo with a lobster mixed in somehow...

I'm curious about the designs a professional artist can put together. Spectre, in addition to the suggestions already made, can we ask the artist to come up with new ideas for our NELD logo? When I work with professional artists on marketing materials, I give them a few ideas but also ask them to brainstorm designs. You always get interesting results...

We can simply do a poll on the different designs, including Matts. I know how this group LOVES poles, especially Rax.

We could almost certainly con him into that, as a "back of the shirt" design is all I had in mind when I drew it. I think having a proper and consistant logo for the front of the shirts (and whatever else) would be a good thing. I like the idea of incorporating an outline of the New England states with a dive flag and/or lobster.

notabob once bubbled...
Maybe we could con Matt into coming up with different back designs every year and use a common NDI NELD logo for the front.

-Roman.

The dive flag colors in the shape of New England with our mascot lobster in the middle....

As both a New England-based diver and someone who helps clients with "identity design," I thought I'd chime into this discussion with a couple of leading questions.

First, let me say that I'm not even an associate member of NELD (yet!), and that this is my first post. So go easy on me and it may earn you a post-dive beer...

The image of the lobstah seems like a no-brainer: it's needed. But the designer in me asks: what kind of image of a lobster: cartoon or realistic? Is the lobster doing something (like attaching its claw to the finger of a screaming diver)? Is the lobster in some way anthropomorphized (like a Sebastian)? Is beer (or a beer can) involved, like a hide-out for the lobster? Perhaps a NE brand?

Then there is the idea of New England. Sure the shape of the region works, but are there other aspects of diving here which can carry the regional flavor? A particular lighthouse? A lobster pot or the rocky shore? What about the cold? Is the lobster in a dry suit? And does the dry suit have a NE or dive logo on its chest? Is the (blue?) lobster shivering?

Just thought I'd stir up some discussion.

Cheers,

John

bostoncello,
hi and welcome to the board. You bring up some good ideas. when you have time , put up a new post in introductions and greets so we can all oficially welcome you.

Hey, John! Welcome to the board. You got some good ideas there. I particularly like the idea of somehow incorporating beer in the logo. :) MSilvia, maybe you could incorporate some of the ideas that don't make it into the logo into this year's t-shirt? A lobster with a catch bag luring a diver out of his hole with a Sam perhaps?

-Roman.

I can tell by your post you are going to fit right in around here!

Welcome!!

Roman,

Love your idea for a lobster with a catch bag luring a diver out of a hole! :crest:

And spellbird, thanks for the greeting! I'm looking forward to getting back in the water after a bit of an absence (scuba back injury -- darn slimy rocks...), and I hope to be diving with you all once it gets a wee bit warmer...

I'll post to intro's and greets later today.

- John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom