NELD take over Columbus Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looks like 30% chance of rain according to weather

hight tide is 6:46 am, dont think I will be up that early :)

low tide is 12:40, so looks like we will be diving low tide most likely

any thoughts as to dive site, shore dive or boat?, time?

Low tide rules out any of the rocky entries, especially Cathedral. I'd like to go somewhere new...i.e. not Old Garden, Pebble, Cathedral, or Back Beach. I've never been to Folly Cove. That would be nice. I'd be happy with a boat to one of the wrecks if one is going out.

Folly at low tide is tough. I once dove Folly at such low tide that there was actually a small sand beach at the water's edge....and that 50 yard trek across the slippery boulder field was more than a little hairy ;-)

Aaron,
are you confusing OGB with Folly Cove. I have been to Folly's cove ( not this sesaon), but seem to remember the exit a pain in the A$$ due to rocks.

I am in a traiing class ( yea I know, not paying attention), can someone give cape anne a call to see if they are running anything
and if space is open?

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Low tide rules out any of the rocky entries, especially Cathedral. I'd like to go somewhere new...i.e. not Old Garden, Pebble, Cathedral, or Back Beach. I've never been to Folly Cove. That would be nice. I'd be happy with a boat to one of the wrecks if one is going out.

gmbaker once bubbled...
Aaron,
are you confusing OGB with Folly Cove. I have been to Folly's cove ( not this sesaon), but seem to remember the exit a pain in the A$$ due to rocks.

Yeah...I'm sure I'm not confusing them...I've never been to Folly, but have been to OGB about 10 times.

I am in a traiing class ( yea I know, not paying attention), can someone give cape anne a call to see if they are running anything
and if space is open?

If I get a chance, I'll try calling Cape Ann divers.

LD,
thanks. my memory is coming back ( might have tried to forget the bad experience) lots of slippery boulders and close calls when almost falling.

Hey, just a though, what about nubble light? can you dive on holidays, I dont mind driving to other spots......

large_diver once bubbled...
Folly at low tide is tough. I once dove Folly at such low tide that there was actually a small sand beach at the water's edge....and that 50 yard trek across the slippery boulder field was more than a little hairy ;-)

Nubble sounds good to me. I've never been.

I do want to get a bit of depth (below 30 feet), though...I will be using my "dry"suit and it seems to function much better when I'm not adjusting my bouyancy very much (like happens in shallow water). I think I'll wait until after Monday to send it in for repairs.

We're trying to get a charter together. If we had more people, it'd help. Hint...hint...

Jeff?
KKMatt -- I know you can go...you already told me why you have weekdays off!
Doug?
Michelle?

Decapoddiver -> is Fran's boat full? Cape Ann told me to call them. If not, I'd like to go out. Have you guys decided on a site?

I'm another maybe.

If my plans for Monday morning/afternoon fall through (which they probably will) I'm in. I need to dive more towards the morning since I have to be at work at 5pm. So the afternoon boat is out for me! But I love <hint> <hint> shore dives.

My 2 cents on Folly Cove at low tide: The rocks are slippery, but they are negotiable. Definitely no worse than climbing up slippery flat rocks at Magnolia 1 hour after high tide.

-Meredith

Folley Cove is really tough at low tide. Too bad it won't be high tide because it's a really great dive. Aaron, you'd like it a lot.

Anyway, maybe Nahant's Canoe Cove will be good at low tide. Any opinions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom