NELD take over Columbus Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canoe beach at low tide is fine. The beach is pebbly, but it's not particularly hard to get in and out of the water, even at low tide. Perhaps the most dangerous feature of that site is the aggressive ticketing of Nahant Police.....

Also -- by diving at low tide, you can more easily identifty where the "chimneys" are in the middle of the cove -- they are usually just breaking the service at low tide. Very cool rock formations that run from the bottom to the surface, with at least one swim through.

We did a clean up dive at Canoe beach last weekend for Northeastern Univerisity Marine Lab open house. The visability was poor that day and I wish I could have seen more of the chimneys.

Anyway, the lab had an interesting robotic lobster. But what was more interesting was this wierd hake fish they had in an open tank. This fish would come up to you, with his head a little out of the water, ook at you, and let you pet him. He would also follow your finger as you run it across the water. It was really cool. He had a personality of a puppy. One of the professors there told me that one of his collegues found this fish as a little one and hand fed it mussles etc and kept him as a pet. The fish developed a personality. Wild.

I am still trying to figure my schedule out. I have a few friends here at work who possibly want to go diving as well. In a perfect world I could dive with you guys as well as my co workers so I could get like 4 dives in! I just realized that I have never done more than 3 dives in a day. Really need to get out and do some diving....

hello,
I have not had time to look into a charter that is available. Does anyone have phone/cotnact #'s for charters out of portsmouth or RI or cape anne area ( We have tried cape anne divers and united divers but with no luck so far).

for the people who want to go diving monday, can whoever is in PM me with your contact number and I will give you a call to finalize details sometime this wknd. If we dotn find a charter, I thin kwe are leaning towards Nubble light.

Maybe I'm just confused, but what's the plan. :confused: When and where are people diving? Maybe we need a new thread with the plans for those to sign on... just a suggestion.

Personally, I'm looking for an early bird cause I have that evil work thing at 5pm Monday. I prefer Cape Ann, but anywhere within a hour's drive of Boston is cool.

A confused and overworked Mer... now back to the second half of my double today!! :puter:

Mer,
you are correct, we sort of did not finalize the plan. I did PM most people letting them know that I would contact them sunday. you should also have a pm by now too.

no boat dive
0) Aaron and I are definately in, the others should be too.
1) primary plan is to dive nubble light assuming weather is ok
2) backup plan is to find an agreeable spot on cape anne for low tide.

we were talking about meeting at 9:00am most likely at the BK if goint up to cape anne. will figure this out sunday. not sure where to meet if going to nubble.

sorry for lack of solid plan. I think this was due to a lot of factors, but we learn from all of our experiences.....

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Jeff?

It unfortunately would be far to irresponsible of me, I've been out of the office on a business trip all last week and I've seen enough of my e-mail to know that there is feces flying against fan blades...

BTW: Why is Cathedral ruled out for low tide? I've always considered Cathedral one of the best for low tides, as the site is _hardly_ different. Cathedral is just one you avoid with heavy surf :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom