NELD Winter Dive Day #1??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, after reading Aaron's report, things don't look to promising. I may show (pending permission from the wife) or I may not, so please don't wait for me. I may just show to offer morale support, but that is also pending permission fro higher authorities...

Adam (green, now ice covered Ford Explorer)

Adam Samansky once bubbled...
Well, after reading Aaron's report, things don't look to promising. I may show (pending permission from the wife) or I may not, so please don't wait for me. I may just show to offer morale support, but that is also pending permission fro higher authorities...

Adam (green, now ice covered Ford Explorer)

I think it'll be a nice day. The water really doesn't feel that cold and getting out wasn't too bad. In my experience, Back Beach is always murky. I think Old Garden will be nice.

Well as luck would have it my primary regulator is still in for service and of course my dry suit inflater hose is attached to it. I think I may have another inflater hose lying around somewhere. If I do I will connect it to my back up regulator and I’ll be in for the dive. I have to work an over nighter tonight so I should have time to working on the reg. If I can find the hose.

On the way home this evening, I managed to roll my left ankle; the one that I did a number to up at Nubble this fall... (sprained it while on the way down to the water in doubles and 25lbs of lead). That one put me in an air cast for 4 weeks, so I think I'll take the rest of the weekend easy and not tempt fate... I was getting out of the truck in some snow and the ice layer on top gave way...

Oh yeah, I got "permission," useful isn't it?

So, needless to say, I won't be able to make this one, but would realyy like to in the future.

Thanks, nonetheless, for the opportunity!
Adam

Well I was able to find an inflator hose that I could use with my back up regulator. Now if it’s long enough I will be able to dive. If not I will have a long ride home.

I'm bringing the underwater video camera:D

Just got back from NELD winter dive #1, and wanted to report in. We dove Old Garden beach in Rockport. Vis was pretty decent (20 feet?), water was a balmy 38 degrees. We did one dive, staying pretty shallow (15 feet max) over to the right. The only real problem we had was that we went in as a group of 4, but came out as 2 groups of 2. It's definitely easier to keep 2 divers together than 4!

I saw only one bug, but it was too small to even think about grabbing. We all came out empty handed. I did have a successful first outing with my new housing for my Elph digital camera. I'm going to try to attach a few shots of the creatures we did manage to see to this post. Some of them aren't all that good, but I think I had some beginners luck!

I guess you can only attach one file at a time, so I'll do a few posts. Here's Arduous ...

Back
Top Bottom