NELD Winter Dive Day #1??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mer once bubbled...

Are you thinking of their pool in Providence, RI? I don't think their Somerville store has a pool... they use a few of the local YMCAs.

Gary... don't move anything on my account... me schedule is oh so hectic and I don't even know if I can find a rental drysuit that would work.

Yes...big typo...I meant Providence.

and meet up with you at the site? I'm heading up a bit earlier and could do my second dive with you if it's alright.

Count me out... enough sh*t is hitting the fan between my three jobs that I know I won't have time.

I promise I will get some winter diving in eventually... if not this winter, then next for certain. I also feel alot better about it if I can get a several dozen more dives in on my gear and get to try out a drysuit before the water gets really cold... like November.

So when's the next NELD dry-land training event (AKA brew pub visit)?

m

PS - In case you didn't notice the frog is back... hopefully to stay, barring any more bar embarassments courtesy of my fellow lobstah divers.

If you bring along a non-NELD diver, they will be made to wear the NELD hat against their will. :)

The more the merrier. Hopefully, my cold will have taken care of itself by then. Mmmm.....NyQuil.

garyd once bubbled...
Sounds good to me. I'll be there at 10AM. I may also drag along a non-NELD diver if that's OK?

Thanks,

Gary

I'd love to go on that dive, but if the high on the 26th doesn't get above 10 degrees, I'm just not interested!

This drysuit that I got is a bad omen. Since the brown truck dropped it off it's just been awefully COLD!!!

Hope to meet y'all there! (we're sue for a break in the weather)

Adam

I think the temp hit 15 at Suicide Six this afternoon! Much better than the -16 to start the day off, and the -22 yesterday morning [with it reaching -10 by the time I had to strip down to my speed suit!].

I'll be eternally grateful for the lack of wind this weekend!

It looks like a high of 28 in the extended forecast. That's doable. What's the water like these days? Below 40 yet?

Here's the list so far. Have I included everyone? Is anyone bailing out?

AaronBBrown (that's me)
Adam Samansky (Pending temperature)
Arduous (Maybe)
decapoddiver
ericfine50
garyd

Having never met any of you guys, we will need a way to identify one another at BK...I'm thinking a single red rose...no wait, that was for something else. :bonk:

I'll wear my NELD shirt. I drive a silver 2002 Subaru (Scooby-do) Impreza WRX wagon.

I'm not sure if this will be a one or two tanker....if it's two, I promise a short surface interval.

I would like to go. My primary regulator is in the shop for yearly service and if I get it back on time, I should be able to go. It is due back this Friday 24th. I drive a black Jeep Cherokee and will stick a dive flag out one of the back windows to identify myself.

Back
Top Bottom