Nemo air issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pmcscuba

New
Reaction score
I just came back from a 7-day trip to bonaire... purchased the nemo air for the trip. While I generally liked the computer I did have a few issues and was wondering if there were any comments/solutions:

1. After removing my regulator (with computer attached) from a tank, the computer started beeping and told me I had just completed a 120 ft max depth dive with :00 min dive time and 0.0 ft3/min air consumption (this was in addition to logging the details from the actual dive). This was pretty disconcerting and is my major concern. What is going on here?

2. I also have a Aeris computer, which has a graphic representation of both nitrogen and oxygen accumulation levels. Is there any similar functionality on the Nemo Air to see how much nitrogen accumulation is occurring? (I assume the %CNS indicator tells me about the oxygen accumulation levels).

3. When I review dives in the logbook function, the final tank pressure does not appear (which the manual states should show up). Why isn't this appearing?

4. It looks like there is a brown o-ring on the top of the quick disconnect hose. This appears to be coming apart. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

5. In the logbook function, the minimum temperature on a dive changes. For example, I am looking at the data from my last dive and when I first hit the <Central> button it says the temperature was 79F. If I press the + button twice, it now says the temperature was 66F. Any thoughts?

6. Is there any way to step through dives from the end in profile mode (instead of starting at the beginning and having to step through to the end)?

7. Is there any way to change the length of the safety stop (e.g., if I want to do 5 minute safety stops instead of the 3 minutes programmed in the computer)?

Thanks in advance for any comment/feedback.

All I can comment on is #7. I'm pretty sure there is no way of changing the standard 3 minutes safety stop. Like most computers, it's up to you if you want to add time.

Cheers!

I've had my Nemo Air since Aug08 and overall really like it but have a few complaints too - mostly around the lack of software and the compass.
1. After removing my regulator (with computer attached) from a tank, the computer started beeping and told me I had just completed a 120 ft max depth dive with :00 min dive time and 0.0 ft3/min air consumption (this was in addition to logging the details from the actual dive). This was pretty disconcerting and is my major concern. What is going on here?
I too have had a dive log with no dive time but mine was only at 8ft. No idea what causes this.

2. I also have a Aeris computer, which has a graphic representation of both nitrogen and oxygen accumulation levels. Is there any similar functionality on the Nemo Air to see how much nitrogen accumulation is occurring? (I assume the %CNS indicator tells me about the oxygen accumulation levels).
If there is I haven't found it yet.

3. When I review dives in the logbook function, the final tank pressure does not appear (which the manual states should show up). Why isn't this appearing?
I forgot about this annoying thing! I just always check it before I disconnect the tank so I can log it in my logbook but once the software gets released this would be really nice since it is not accurate from the computer logbook.

4. It looks like there is a brown o-ring on the top of the quick disconnect hose. This appears to be coming apart. Is this something I need to be concerned about?
Yes, a friend of mine had hers fail when we were in the Keys. Mine is goobered up already too and I am trying to get a replacement from my LDS since they are hard to find when traveling.

5. In the logbook function, the minimum temperature on a dive changes. For example, I am looking at the data from my last dive and when I first hit the <Central> button it says the temperature was 79F. If I press the + button twice, it now says the temperature was 66F. Any thoughts?
I've never noticed this but I also haven't paid too much attention to water temps.

6. Is there any way to step through dives from the end in profile mode (instead of starting at the beginning and having to step through to the end)?
If you figure this out let me know!

7. Is there any way to change the length of the safety stop (e.g., if I want to do 5 minute safety stops instead of the 3 minutes programmed in the computer)?
Not that I've found, I just watch the time if I want a longer stop.

Back
Top Bottom