Nemo wide flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinl4270

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in the middle of a dive holiday in the Philippines. I went for a dive today, and after descending to 10 meters my nemo wide beeped once then got blurry, then flooded.
I have not changed the battery or done anything else to it. It was working fine up until now.
I searched the Mares site for help, but could only find where I had registered the computer. I can not find any sort of contact for tech support.
Is there any way that I can save this computer?

I would not do anything to try to "save" it. Mares will want to see what caused the flooding. I would not even remove the battery. Considering that the computer was in its original, factory condition, it will make a big difference in warranty.

Greg Barlow

Kevin,

You will have to take the computer to a Mares dealer. They should be able to assist you from there. As Greg mentioned, it is in your best interest to leave the computer in the same state as it was when the incident occurred.

Zak

Thanks for the advice. I left it as is. I could not really figure out what to do with it anyway.
There doesn't seem to be any sort of damage to it.
I looked online and the only official Mares dealeer is a long way from me. I will just wait til I get home to see if anything can be done.
As always Scubaboard to the rescue!!!

I sent the flooded computer back to the Mares dealer. They recieved it on the 12th of May. Any one have any idea on what the normal turn around time is for something like this? I have not heard anything as of yet.
Also as a follow on question. I am looking at buying a Nemo Air. It is brand new, but it's from an individual that bought it and did not need it. Will it still be covered by any kind of warranty, or I am just going to have to take my chances? Thanks.

Hi, I have no idea how long warranty issues take in Kuwait. Sorry!!!!

As for the Nemo, warranties only apply to the original purchaser. Most likely you are safe, however I would check with seller to see if it has the upgraded quick air disconnect. If not this would be no charge as the original is under recall, however it may take some time to have it replaced based on your location.

Zak

Thanks Zak. I actually mailed the Nemo Wide back to the states to the online company that I bought it from. They said they then sent it to Mares to have the warranty work done. It has been about three weeks and I haven't heard any thing either way.
I also found an authorized Mares dealer that has the Nemo Air console that I am going to buy. They told me it was a pre recall model, but that the O-ring has been upgraded, and that it comes with a full factory warranty.
Again I really appreciate the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom