Neoprene bandana, I know you're out there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

exr

Reaction score
Has any one seen or no where to get a neoprene bandana for a guy with no hair. Was in Cozumel and met a guy from British Columbia (who also had no hair and 12 kids) and was wearing a Neoprene Bandana (which tide in the back and kept your head warm) that he got for a gift from a guy in California. Been up on every web site out there but there all cloth.

Not to change the subject but, Fish Empanadas from Pape Macs was the best. I say was, cause word has it his wife shut him down. He was on the beach then went to 30th south of El Pique.

L

exr:
Has any one seen or no where to get a neoprene bandana for a guy with no hair. Was in Cozumel and met a guy from British Columbia (who also had no hair and 12 kids) and was wearing a Neoprene Bandana (which tide in the back and kept your head warm) that he got for a gift from a guy in California. Been up on every web site out there but there all cloth.

Not to change the subject but, Fish Empanadas from Pape Macs was the best. I say was, cause word has it his wife shut him down. He was on the beach then went to 30th south of El Pique.

L

I am interested in this neoprene bandana. My DH has a ....hair deficit ...and I would be up to sewing him a neoprene bandana, sounds like it is what he has been looking for. If you could be more specific in your description I might be able to help you both. (PS-I LOVE my DH's hair deficit, and he loves my NON-size 7 physique as well... for better or worse..27 years of marriage tomorrow !!! :07: ) Sue B

I saw this operation at the Beneath the Sea show, maybe they could do one out of neoprene custom for you..
http://www.dee-rags.com/

Dee is a Super on this board. And her dee-rags are great. I own one (was two but I lost one in Coz). I don't think she does neoprene but never hurts to ask.

James

Sue Sue:
I am interested in this neoprene bandana. My DH has a ....hair deficit ...and I would be up to sewing him a neoprene bandana, sounds like it is what he has been looking for. If you could be more specific in your description I might be able to help you both. (PS-I LOVE my DH's hair deficit, and he loves my NON-size 7 physique as well... for better or worse..27 years of marriage tomorrow !!! :07: ) Sue B

Just emailed Dee on the neoprene bandana. So maybe it will pan out and I won't have to dig out the old sewing machine. I'll let you know if they can make the neoprene vs the cloth. (its early spelling is not awake)

Happy Aniversary

L

I wear a Do-Rag at times, but for thermal protection on the head - which can be important to any diver at risk for a chill - I would not want a neoprene Do-Rag as I would think it would tend to float off too easily.

I don't care for hoods around my neck, but have a couple of Beanies - thermal protection with only a chin strap.

DandyDon:
I wear a Do-Rag at times, but for thermal protection on the head - which can be important to any diver at risk for a chill - I would not want a neoprene Do-Rag as I would think it would tend to float off too easily.

I don't care for hoods around my neck, but have a couple of Beanies - thermal protection with only a chin strap.

Exactly why my husband is interested in this neoprene DO-rag/Bandana. We have not been able to find a beanie type cover either. Can you recall where you got those? I have searced for beanie and hat...hood gives me...hoods. Oh well, I will just keep checking in here to see if dee comes up with something. Sue

Sue Sue:
Exactly why my husband is interested in this neoprene DO-rag/Bandana. We have not been able to find a beanie type cover either. Can you recall where you got those? I have searced for beanie and hat...hood gives me...hoods. Oh well, I will just keep checking in here to see if dee comes up with something. Sue
Let's see, got one at Scuba Training Center, Amarillo: 806 358 0727; one at Southwest Aqua Sports, Lubbock: 806 780 2782; and one at Best Little Dive Shop, Lubbock. I would think that Austin stores could at least look in their catalogs, as diving Aquarena Springs without one would be uncomfy to me.

Or Leisure Pro :11: offers a Henderson 3-MM Gold Core Tropic Hood which is indeed a chin strap beanie - see pic: click here

Oh yes -
Happy Anniversary you two!!
:wave-smil​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom