NERD Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetwrench

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello to all NELD members

I'm a member of NERDS(North East Region Dive Society), and our group has made a few trips from Vermont to the Cape Ann area. We(I) love to visit this area and enjoy the abundance of life to be seen in the salt. It makes Lake Champlain seem like the surface of the moon.
I want to make more trips down there and would enjoy some diving with you who are better aquainted with the sites and how to dive them.
Feel free to drop me a line with any plans that I may be able to participate in, and visit the NERDS site at www.nerddivers.com to see what we're up to. Hope to hear from some of you before the harsh weather starts.

Jetwrench (aka:Smack, aka:John)

Dive Safe, Dive Often!

I'll show you around some Cape Ann sites if you show me around some of the VT sites...I grew up in Williston, but have only done two dives in Lake Champlain. I'd also be interested in Lake Willoughby especially, which is spring fed, cold, and very clear.

Thanks to all of you for the replies! I'll be sure to keep my eyes on the board and post in if We(I) will be down your way. Any who would like to see our area should post on the NERDS board (check my first post) with a date they(you) would like to come up and I'll be sure to help you find a guide/buddy. Wiloughby is one of my favorites, and when the Lake Champlain Underwater Preserve opens next spring, I would be happy to take anyone interested on a boat dive of our local wrecks(1 or 2 divers at a time). My boat is welcome to all. There is also a local charter service that can accommidate up to 6 divers. Shore dives are easy enough to do, too. I can also direct you to the local shops for any air/equip/info you may need. Thanks again for your feedback!

Jetwrench
P.S. By the way, I go by the name Smack up here and will be using it in the future. Feel free to address me as such. I know, strange name, but it IS memorable.

I've been on the OJ Walker and Horse Ferry...interesting, but after 30 mins down there in cold, brown, mucky water, I got pretty bored. Small ships. I'd be much more interested in going places where there are fish to play with or seeing some larger wrecks...there has got to be a few 1812 wrecks over by Valcour island.

I'd love to go out to Willoughby...my dad goes out fishing there quite frequently. He just bought a new boat and put a little dive platform on it...woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom