Neutrally buoyant jet style fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beau640

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a neutrally buoyant jet style fin for travel and while not wearing dry/wet suit. I love my jet fins but they weigh my feet down way too much when I'm only in miniml exposure protection.

I've been hearing a lot about the eddy fin but the deep 6 website doesn't say if they are neutral or negative. I believe turtles are negative. Are Hollis positive? Ideally I'd like something as neutral as possible.

Thanks!

OMS slipstream are neutral IIRC, I think UTD has some neutral (maybe even positive?) fins as well.

Deep 6 Eddy Fin - Fins

those are neutrally buoyant, much stiffer than jet fins, and are overall my favorite fin. I have Jet fins, slipstreams, Dive Rite XT's, and several others, but the eddy's are the ones I grab these days

Apex RK3s are neutralish in salt water. Just the tiniest tip will break the surface when tested,

The Deep Six fins perform like a Jet at half the weight.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I will be rocking my Eddy's week after next in St. Martin, skinny diving single tank. LOL

The eddys are neutral even with the spring straps? That's pretty sweet

The XL ones are ever so slightly positive (with the steel spring straps), but i guess you could still call them "neutral". :)

Deep 6 Eddy Fin - Fins

those are neutrally buoyant, much stiffer than jet fins, and are overall my favorite fin. I have Jet fins, slipstreams, Dive Rite XT's, and several others, but the eddy's are the ones I grab these days
not exactly neutral, in fact no fin is neutral because water density changes depending on where you are diving..even all salt water is not the same density (read about the dead sea for fun)
Generally, the Eddy is close to neutral.

Thus while other brands would claim they are neutral, I just leave people confused because.. well they aren't neutral.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom