New 500 LED cannister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All,

My bad...I wasn't aware that this light was being custom-made for Dive Rite Australia. Anyway, you won't find it for sale in the US.

We have in the works a canister LED for world wide release, however our strategy for lumen output and a few other components is different that the light Dive Rite Australia is custom ordering.

Apparently, Dive Rite Australia wanted to go ahead with the 500 lumen canister light and not wait for our canister light that we will debut at a later date (no, I don't know what date or when or how soon or how many months or this year or next, etc.)

Thanks everyone for the thread...

Best,
Kathleen

Hi All,

My bad...I wasn't aware that this light was being custom-made for Dive Rite Australia. Anyway, you won't find it for sale in the US.

We have in the works a canister LED for world wide release, however our strategy for lumen output and a few other components is different that the light Dive Rite Australia is custom ordering.

Apparently, Dive Rite Australia wanted to go ahead with the 500 lumen canister light and not wait for our canister light that we will debut at a later date (no, I don't know what date or when or how soon or how many months or this year or next, etc.)

Thanks everyone for the thread...

Best,
Kathleen

Like I said....:wink:...mystery solved....

So what you're saying is that Australia is awesome, cutting edge and ahead of the curve?
;p
hehehehehehe - or Tony loves his product so much he just want to get it happening and start selling! :)

hi guys.....

ive asked hubby to pop in and tell what he knows but what i know is its a aussie only release only

after looking at the diverite site and not finding my valentine pressie i was wondering if tony (aussie diverite guy) was trying to clear stock and swap some parts over for this release, espeically as greenforce & salvo sells well here im sure he is looking for something new to give us punters - totally unfounded or unsupported, just my thoughts and Tony has always been a straight up guy so i have faith in him and his products.
EDIT: re: kathleens earlier post, good to know its the DR Aussie leading the charge!

it also came with a storm case thing

ive only done a few dives with it so far

1st dive was 15ft for 3hrs (playing with seahorses), 2nd dive was 30ft for about an hour and 3rd dive 30ft for about 90mins

its a nice bright white light, even in sunny daylight it gives a nice beam and in murky 3ft viz it cut thru and was visable nicely by my buddy so even though we were quite a distance apart he could know where i was

i will say i was disappointed that by hour 5 the battery life just died but after getting home and reading the instructions (doh!) they do recommend that the battery doesnt reach full potention until 3 or 5 recharges so will def be watching this

cheers

Hi Guys *waving

I am sure if you ring Luke at FrogDive +61 02 9892-3422

And placed an order with him he would happily send one to you.

And knowing Luke if you want more than one he is more than happy to discount.

Is the tide changing, normally its us Aussies getting things from the states, now its the other way around. :D

I can say it is an awesome light...

Kudos to Tony from Dive Rite Australia for the initiative.

When I saw it, I was quite impressed with it all up. Its compactness and light output.

In a way I am a bit biased in the sense I am fan of LED for the photography aspect.

So if you are a photographer, have a look at this torch, no hot spots and a great white light.

:D

Hi there almitywife and almity1, what a stir your OP caused, it became a mystery akin to agatha christie, figured it all had a logical conclusion...which it did...

thanks for the review...looks like a nice light and being LED the bulbs/diodes at least will never let you down...am interested in any developements with the battery keep us posted on that one...cheers

Interesting for me at any rate as i'm looking into a primary light and am now leaning towards LED (a greenforce from Chriso).
I'll have a look at this but i still think i like the greenforce's better.
It'd be cool if someone sent almitywife a greenforce LED (tristar plus) to compare with the diverite

i was going to get a salvo HID, but my passion for doing GUE-F is quickly fading

Interesting for me at any rate as i'm looking into a primary light and am now leaning towards LED (a greenforce from Chriso).
It'd be cool if someone sent almitywife a greenforce LED (tristar plus) to compare with the diverite

i was going to get a salvo HID, but my passion for doing GUE-F is quickly fading

Nothing wrong with the Greenforce, its a good light, Nunz, another one from DiveOz uses a GF and that is quite impressive, but it isn't LED tristar.

It came down to price and I could get the DiveRite cheaper than the GF.

Salvo is good too...

You need to do what is good for you......

Simon Hadwin (aka Bubble Boy, Mr aussie GreenForce) gave me a greenforce to play with once... for the price tag, i thought i would be more impressed by the product

of course, he called me a bloody idiot ..... but thats Hadders :)

edit:
oh, i dont know what greenforce Zeeman has but i last heard he was interested in selling it, if you want me to find if he is and what it is

Simon Hadwin (aka Bubble Boy, Mr aussie GreenForce) gave me a torch to play with once... for the price tag, i thought i would be more impressed by the product

of course, he called me a bloody idiot ..... but thats Hadders :)

You left out the bit, where he also said, you were not worthy of having a Greenforce

Back
Top Bottom