New adapter for Canon G10 housing (WP-DC28) by UWCa.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I am reading the specifications correctly that 15MM FX lens port on the FX G10 housing is producing a FOV underwater of about 90 degrees? Correct?
That looks about right.

BTW, looks like we have another wide angle guy, thanks for the beautiful action photos, so much better than looking at a .25 inch long pink snail on a coral or some c---p like that. Good job!

N, "N" to zen
I purchased this setup specifically so I could "broaden" my photographic perspective. But I still also love the macro stuff ... here in Puget Sound there's more opportunities for the latter than the former (wide-angle shots are tough in 10 feet of vis) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks! As you pointed out, buying a camera with 28 or 35 mm makes no difference, the little devil is hiding at the wetport on the housing. So I have to choose a housing with a WA port wet if possible, because with it I can get the wreck and the little things too, and buy the camera which goes with this housing! If it's right please write an OK!!!

Update:

The adapter is finally out and available. However, we only have limited stock due to the high demand and is sorting out the delivery and payment method. I've gotten quite a bit of PM from SB and other forum members from all over, so we are trying to figure out the fastest way to do it.

Please be inform that it will take 2-3 weeks for delivery (depends on where we ship to). Moreover, I'll be away in Fak-fak for 2 weeks starting from the 15-29th March.

For those who have PMed me, please confirmed your interest so that I can proceed with the orders. Thanks!

Ed.

Hi everyone,

Really sorry for the late reply on the thread and PM, as I've been busy this few weeks. Anyway, here's an update.

We are currently sorting out the orders and unfortunately we are a bit short on stock now, due to the high demand. Moreover, IÃÎ heading to Fak-fak for 2 weeks and will only be back only on the 29th March. The next batch of adapters will be in on the 3rd week of March (around the 26th) and I can only sort them out when IÃÎ back. IÃÎ sorry for the inconvenient and will definitely reserve one for those who have PMed me, if you are still interested.

Once again, I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenient caused. Thank you!

Ed.

Hi everyone,

I would like to sincerely apologize to all of you, who has written and hasn't gotten any reply from me. I am really sorry!

I have been really busy with the moving of our shop to a new location and setting it up. At the same time, I have been trying to sort the shortage of the said adapter, due to high demands.

Moreover, I was facing some problems with the payment because there is no PayPal office or facilities in Malaysia and I was having some difficult time. I have only managed to mail out those few, who are able to transfer the fund to my account.

Posting the adapter out is also another problem, since all the inquiries come from individuals (all over) and because of this, the postage charges varies. I need to check every time before I can give you an actual costing.

I hope you understand my difficulty but at the same time, please do accept my apologize. Anyway, I do have some stocks now and if are still interested, please do let me know.

At the same time, since we are all SB members, maybe someone can gather all the request and make it into one order. This will cut down on the postage cost as well, rather than mailing it individually. Any suggestions are welcome! :wink:

Once again, I'm really sorry for the delay and inconvenient caused. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ed.

I am in the market for my first underwater camera and have narrowed it down to either a Canon G10 or a DSLR EOS 400D.

The problem is, I am like a fish out of water with this whole camera talk. I am new to the scene, but hoping to get seriously into it. Even professionally.

Anyone experienced out there who would suggest I start out small with a point and shoot, or just jump right in with a DSLR?:eyebrow:

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Hi Ed,

I'm intrested in bying one of the UWac adapter for the canon WP-DC28 housing. How do I proceed.

/Sören

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom