New and improved Tech fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own both the HOG tech and F1's truthfully prefer the hogs.. larger fin pocket makes it much easier to remove my OTB rock boots. I also find the HOG techs being shorter and wider than the F1s makes them much better when in tight corners without any sacrifice of forward thrust.

Last edited by a moderator:
How heavy are these new fins? I have the Hollis F1s but I would like something lighter. I was looking at the Dive Rite EXPs, but these new Tech Fin 2s look really nice.

I am curious as to the price, they still around the same as the 1st gen HOG Tech fins?

The one improvement I would like to see on a Jet Fin clone is a longer heel pad… one that extends to the back of the heel. Granted, it interferes a little with donning and doffing but transfers force more efficiently and is more comfortable on long swims in thin boots.

I took a set out for a test dive yesterday. In a set of size 10 Seasoft Sunray boots, the XL was a big too big.

Nice fins and for meg tooth hunting, they definitely move some sand!

MAP price on the fins is 129.00. And with the heavy duty ADJUSTABLE springs worth it. Weight on a large fin is 2 lb 12 ounce according to my postal scale. They are about three inches shorter than the F-1's and that makes them my new go to travel fin as they don't stick out on my roller back pack and will fit in most carryons that are 20 inches long.

MAP price on the fins is 129.00. And with the heavy duty ADJUSTABLE springs worth it. Weight on a large fin is 2 lb 12 ounce according to my postal scale. They are about three inches shorter than the F-1's and that makes them my new go to travel fin as they don't stick out on my roller back pack and will fit in most carryons that are 20 inches long.

Thanks Jim, not high on my list but I have normal dive fins and think they are pretty long and would like to replace 'em.

How heavy are these new fins? I have the Hollis F1s but I would like something lighter. I was looking at the Dive Rite EXPs, but these new Tech Fin 2s look really nice.

If you're looking for lighter fins then look at something other then Tech fins in general. Part of what makes them a technical fin is the fact they are more negatively buoyant or order to eliminate the need for ankle weights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom