New Apeks ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hover

Reaction score
I was just in my local dive shop picking up a few things for my upcoming trip to Nassau. I am in the market for a new reg and was considering the TX100. As i was drooling over it the salesman pulled out the newest reg from Apeks the ATX200. The price he gave me for the TX100 was $550.00 and for the ATX200 was only $70 more at $620. I have not seen any reviews for the ATX200 yet. The TX100 is well known and comes strongly recommended. Does anyone have any info on the ATX200? What is the difference between the two?

Try http://www.scubastore.com (DiveInn)
TX-100 for $328 and TX100 + TX40 octo for $402
They will be in stock in a couple of weeks.
And they have in stock TX50 + TX40 for $319
+ $20 SH&H and $15 international carrier fee.

They do have cheap prices on their regulators, but check out those prices on Zeagle BCs! A Ranger goes for $788, that's $127 above retail here and exactly twice as much as what Leisure Pro sells them for. The Spanish gov must really sock one hell of a tax on US goods over there!

Leisurepro sells Rangers for $395 without manufacturer warranty, just store warranty. I get mine on the ebay.com for $370 with warranty card. Take a look at items 1158424338 & 1158420986. You can buy it for $386 - $388 + $19 insurred SH
I bought my Ranger from the same guy. Don't received it yet, but he has great feedback, I don't think there is should be a problem.

I already own a Ranger, I was just commenting on Diveinn's price on them. You're correct about Leisure Pro's warranty, but I'd suspect that if you mail ordered one through Diveinn (a Zeagle BC that is) you'd be in the same boat because Zeagle strictly prohibits the sale of their products in any other fashion than in person shop sales. You might even have trouble getting them to honor yours, since you bought it off Ebay. Even though you got a warranty card, they'll probably require a reciept from an authorized dealer before doing any repairs under warranty. But then again they may not.

Thanks for the info people. I have decided to hold off on my purchase a little longer. I am still considering the ATX200. I prefer using local dive shops to purchase regs. The reason being that I can have them serviced quickly and easily at a local shop with no worries. I dont like the idea of having to mail equipment to god knows where in order for it to be serviced. I have heard that Apeks is changing the TX line of regs into the ATX line. One major difference being a reduction in size of about 25%.

Originally posted by Warhammer
I already own a Ranger, I was just commenting on Diveinn's price on them. You're correct about Leisure Pro's warranty, but I'd suspect that if you mail ordered one through Diveinn (a Zeagle BC that is) you'd be in the same boat because Zeagle strictly prohibits the sale of their products in any other fashion than in person shop sales. You might even have trouble getting them to honor yours, since you bought it off Ebay. Even though you got a warranty card, they'll probably require a reciept from an authorized dealer before doing any repairs under warranty. But then again they may not.

Warhammer,

I think that you would probably be OK with warranty through DiveInn. It is only in America (the land of the free!!!!!) that the manufacturers restrict internet sales. If you look at the vast majority of european internet retailers, they are all authorised dealers. Certainly, the ones I have dealt with http://www.sdswatersports.co.uk or from http://www.simplyscuba.com and others, are all genuine.

Jon T

The main issue for US residents ordering from Diveinn or simplyscuba is that although the products (namely Suunto and Apeks) come with legitimate warrantys, they are honored by Sunnto EUROPE and Apeks EUROPE. It might be hard to get your USA LDS to do this work without having to pay for it.

Originally posted by large_diver
The main issue for US residents ordering from Diveinn or simplyscuba is that although the products (namely Suunto and Apeks) come with legitimate warrantys, they are honored by Sunnto EUROPE and Apeks EUROPE. It might be hard to get your USA LDS to do this work without having to pay for it.

This shouldn't be a problem, as nearly every piece of gear I have came with a worldwide guarantee. Certainly Apeks guarantee their stuff for (remedial) work to be done anywhere in the world, as long as it was origionally purchased from an authorised dealer.

If this wasn't the case... Just immagine going on holiday and it breaks - the local dealer then fixes it don't they? you would be more than pissed off if they turned round and told you they didn't sell it so they won't do warantee work!

Same for me moving from the UK to france, still warrantied (different importer etc..) as I bought it from an authorised dealer. If I had moved to the states, it would still be waranteed as it is a worldwide warantee/guarantee.

Jon T

Just relaying what Suunto told me -- I sent them an e-mail before I recently ordered my Vyper from simplyscuba asking about whether SS is an authorized dealer and what the warranty coverage would be. Here is their reply:

=========================================================

"Dear Chris,

Simply Scuba are an authorised dealer of Suunto Diving UK. On the issue of warranty you may encounter some problems. The computer should be returned to the original distributor ie Suunto Diving UK so the Suunto distributor in the States may decline to offer help in a warranty situation. This would then require you to cover the costs of returning the computer to the UK to have any problems rectified under warranty, or pay for the repair in the States.

Servicing (other than warranty cases) of Suunto products can be carried out by a dealer who is authorised by any Suunto distributor.

Hope this helps to answer your questions.

Regards
Matt Sydenham

Suunto Diving UK
Unit H Farringdon Business Park
Lower Farringdon
ALTON
Hampshire
GU34 3DZ
(01420) 587272"

==================================================

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back