• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

new Application "Gas blender toolkit"

Discussion in 'Apps, Book and Media Reviews' started by Oleg G., Jun 17, 2019.

1. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    upload_2019-6-28_8-15-16.png

well, you need 2203 psi of 28% to top off with 40% to get your 32% at 3442, So now figure out with the calculator to get your 28% from 1500 to 2200 with your resources....

2. Oleg G.

Oleg G. Angel Fish

3. taimen

taimen ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Neither do I...
    But how did you intend the software to be used?
    Fill to the intended pressure, measure, correct temperature to the software and proceed to next step? Or how?

4. Oleg G.

Oleg G. Angel Fish

a) the start (computing) temperature should be set in "Settings", the data in Result table are reference data
    b) during fill step i measure the current temperature and can see in c) up to which pressure i should fill the tank to get computed "amount" of gas.

after all i can start the next step (EAN32) and check again current temperature during filling.
    Probably there is a better solution for that. I will think about it :)

P.S. The reference data and temperature in the setting still be unchanged. After all as soon as tank get coold back to reference temperature we should get desired mix by desired pressure.

Attached Files:

taimen likes this.
  5. taimen

Thanks. The most difficult part for the workflow when temperature increases during (and due to) the filling step.
    Prehaps I should always measure, set temp, fill to target pressure, measure again, readjust pressure and move to next step.
    Tedious, but interesting topic on how to get perfect results.
    And yes, I get good enough results without worrying about this at all. Also mass fraction blending shoud work. Thanks for having the masses on verbose description.

Oleg G. likes this.
  6. taimen

One calculator you could consider adding is rebreather diluent END calculator for different depths with a chosen po2 setpoint.

7. Oleg G.

Oleg G. Angel Fish

At first glance, this functionality belongs more to the area of CCR software. I will think about it. Thank you.

taimen likes this.
  8. Oleg G.

Oleg G. Angel Fish

as a matter of fact this caclulation seems to be useful and illustrative.

... on going ...

Attached Files:

9. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Solo Diver

I just wanted to stop in and say "nice job". I used the "top off" component calculating the end mix of topping up an EANx twinset with air. Between a different original meter/tank label, my analog initial pressure gauge reading, and a the meter/digital gauge at the place the top up fill took place, the result was within 0.5% of what was expected.

Very user friendly!

Oleg G. likes this.