New Atomic Blade fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cb5150

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, I'm a finaholic. I saw the write up on the new Atomic Aquatics Blade Fins in one of my dive magazines. When will they hit the stores???

_ewp1014.jpg

Curious too, I likey!

Btw Atomic your website is always behind new products. Just got 3cobalt cases but I only new about them from SB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CB5150
The mold for the size large is complete, we were testing various stiffness's of materials last week at Catalina, so that we may bring to market what we feel would be preferred by the majority.
We are hoping to be delivering the size large in the fall, with the other sizes close behind.
Noted on the web site comment, probably not to only update we are behind on.
Thank you!
Seamus Callaghan
National Sales Manager
signaturelogoscdn.jpg

CB5150
The mold for the size large is complete, we were testing various stiffness's of materials last week at Catalina, so that we may bring to market what we feel would be preferred by the majority.
We are hoping to be delivering the size large in the fall, with the other sizes close behind.
Noted on the web site comment, probably not to only update we are behind on.
Thank you!
Seamus Callaghan
National Sales Manager
View attachment 160679

Thanks Seamus! I have no doubt they will be as great as your other products. Sounds like they will be out just in time to get a pair under the Christmas tree. :D

I love me some AA gear, but after my experience with the Smoke on the Waters, someone's going to have to explain in small words to me why these are better than my spring-strapped jet fins.

I love me some AA gear, but after my experience with the Smoke on the Waters, someone's going to have to explain in small words to me why these are better than my spring-strapped jet fins.

Better Schmetter! Like I said, I'm a Finaholic. My spring strapped Jets are brought out of retirement several times a year just to remind me that they're still too heavy. :D

Btw Atomic your website is always behind new products. Just got 3cobalt cases but I only new about them from SB.

Same here.

And a few years ago, I learned on ScubaBoard that AA has kits to convert the T2 reg into a T2x. I immediately checked the AA website. Nothing. So I called AA to confirm, then had my LDS order a kit and do the conversion.

The difference between the two regs was signficant because the T2 "required" **cough cough** dedicating the reg to nitrox unless it was cleaned first before using regular air. The T2x was a major improvement specifically because dedication and/or cleaning was no longer required.

Years later, still nothing about T2x kits on the AA website.

I once had a pair of AAs full foot split fins in the original standard compound. Those things were awesome, but they would never retain their shape. I would pull them out at the beginning of each dive season and they would be mangled and bent-up all over the place. Fortunately a few hours in the sun would put them back to right. Eventually I outgrew them and ordered another pair in a bigger size, but by this time they had changed over to the newer High Energy Compound. The new formulation did a great job of retaining the blade shape, but sadly the performance was totally different and a real disappointment. The High Energy Compound was just too stiff and ruined what was formerly my favorite fin. Hopefully AA will get this new blade model right. Would love to see a full foot version???

My current favorite is the Mares Avanti Quattro Power full foot, which are the absolute epic king of all fins in my book - phenomenal product!

Last edited:
Seamus...Fall is here...I want my new AA blade fins!

Are you really going to make me petition Santa Claus to get a pair?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom