New Atomic Blade fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am also about to decide what fins to get for traveling. My choice was Mares Avanti Quattro but I will wait for Atomic Blade fins and try them out :wink:

Make up a lie, that's what I do. Tell her that new evidence has shown that using split fins leads to impotence.

I'm sure if I told her I wanted them in pink she would buy them for me.

I think she stalks Ryan asking about a pink venom mask every so often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That is the truth! Tell Shelby I said hello and hope everything is well with that beautiful pink Cobalt!

That is the truth! Tell Shelby I said hello and hope everything is well with that beautiful pink Cobalt!

Yep, she loves it along with all her other atomic gear.

Finally got her to let me get a pair of blade fins when they come out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dear Atomic:
1. Will the awesome OEM spring straps for your Splits work on these. Please tell me yes.
2. How did Scuba Diving Mag award this best fin when it isn't release yet? I think you guys are great. But do you like them awarding production samples?

Dear Atomic:
1. Will the awesome OEM spring straps for your Splits work on these. Please tell me yes.
2. How did Scuba Diving Mag award this best fin when it isn't release yet? I think you guys are great. But do you like them awarding production samples?

The answer to question 1 is yes! Put the spring straps on last night. Trying them for the first time this weekend.

The answer to question 1 is yes! Put the spring straps on last night. Trying them for the first time this weekend.
Let us know how you like them! I ordered mine today, but I don't know that I'll get to try them out before my trip in August.

Let us know how you like them! I ordered mine today, but I don't know that I'll get to try them out before my trip in August.

They were awesome! Made 5 dives this weekend assisting an OW class. Used them for swim out, hovering at platform and general propulsion. They are very responsive and powerful fins. I did notice that I clearly have a stronger leg. While running a compass course I noticed that when I finned with my right leg I tended to swing about 10 degrees to the left so I had to consciously kick with less force to stay on the course. Spring straps worked perfect. Got a new favorite fin in my kit.

Any stats on whether these are neutral, or +/- and by how much? Any plans to offer them in black?

Any stats on whether these are neutral, or +/- and by how much? Any plans to offer them in black?

They were a little less than neutral. Tested this in fresh water - they very slowly sank BUT I did have my springs on at the time - so I would expect they would be at least neutral with the standard straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom