New Atomic Blade fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buddhasummer...I measured the samples we had here at the Atomic office and it looks like the Small has about a 13.5" Blade, Med and Large had around a 15" Blade. I did not have any XLs to measure here at the office. I will see if I can get that measurement shortly.

Buddhasummer...I measured the samples we had here at the Atomic office and it looks like the Small has about a 13.5" Blade, Med and Large had around a 15" Blade. I did not have any XLs to measure here at the office. I will see if I can get that measurement shortly.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to be a pain I am thinking about buying these fins but would need to buy online out of country. I'm a narrow maybe just 6. I have small avanti Quattros that are too big, foot pocket is too wide. I wear a 5mm wet boot. I'm wondering if the small would be a better bet than the mediums. Small Hollis F2s too big, small Avantis too big, XS Accels ok. Also what is total length of small fin heel to tip. Cheers.

Hi Buddhasummer

The length of the Medium Blades is roughly 24.5 inches. Thanks Buddhasummer!

Sorry to necrothread here, but I was just about to buy a set of these fins in XL, and saw something very strange. Leisure Pro lists the XL as fitting US size 11.5-13 yet atomics website lists size XL as fitting 10.5-11.5? Normally Id belive the mfg's website first, but Atomic then lists size L as fitting size 9-11?? If so, to me the XL size would be totally redundant. Not to mention I find it odd Atomic would change their sizing charts from that of their Split fins, effectivley cutting out a good percentage of divers over 6ft tall.
(Im US size 13/14 fyi)

What is the blade length of each fin small/medium/large/extra large? Cheers.

I know this is an old question but I just received my Blade fins (in Large - men's 9.5 - 11) and they are 25.5 in. from the tip of the fin to the back-most portion of the mold for the foot. I wear a size 11 - 11.5 in various shoes (my foot is not wide though) so I'm at the bigger end of the range for these fins. I have dry tested them with both my 3mm spring booties and my 5mm full booties and they seem to feel/fit just fine.

They are replacing a pair of Aqua Lung fins (but in size XL) which are 1 - 1.5 in. longer in the same dimensions (they will fit better in the dive travel bag).

---------- Post added June 2nd, 2015 at 11:05 AM ----------

Sorry to necrothread here, but I was just about to buy a set of these fins in XL, and saw something very strange. Leisure Pro lists the XL as fitting US size 11.5-13 yet atomics website lists size XL as fitting 10.5-11.5? Normally Id belive the mfg's website first, but Atomic then lists size L as fitting size 9-11?? If so, to me the XL size would be totally redundant. Not to mention I find it odd Atomic would change their sizing charts from that of their Split fins, effectivley cutting out a good percentage of divers over 6ft tall.
(Im US size 13/14 fyi)
FYI, According to the tag on my fins I just received the XL fit size 11.5 - 13 (44 - 46 EU).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom