New Balanced Diaphragm First Stages Yoke or DIN - $60 Each

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im looking for a 1st stage JUST for the argon bottle ... any feedback from anyone on that? and i believe the envi kit would be necessity being here in the northeast most of the time ...

laura, someone asked if you will be getting more of the kits in ... is it possible or just not gunna happen?

thanks
ron

I sent her a PM asking her the same question last week. She said that due to price increases from the manufacturer she will not be getting in anymore enviro kits for these.

im looking for a 1st stage JUST for the argon bottle ... any feedback from anyone on that? and i believe the envi kit would be necessity being here in the northeast most of the time ...

laura, someone asked if you will be getting more of the kits in ... is it possible or just not gunna happen?

thanks
ron

You want an enviro kit for your argon reg? Yeah, you don't need one.

thanks
ron
I use one as an argon reg and it works great. I almost feel bad using it for that because these are really nice regs. I use a second one as a stage reg and like it at least as much as my Mares and Apeks first stages (even better if you factor in cost).

It doesn't exactly get "cold" here in North Carolina, but I couldn't imagine why you would need an enviro kit on an argon reg. You shouldn't be flowing that much gas through it.

thanks ... i guess my concern is moot since most believe free flow wont be an issue if you're only tapping in a little at a time? got it.

also if you are going to use it for DS inflation, I suggest that you lower the IP to around 90-100psi.. This will limit how quickly the gas can be added to your DS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom