New Bare SB System Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Andy:

Thanks for the detail. I had heard that BARE had been having a few issues with delamination, but I hadn't anticipated the production issues. I'm going to call BARE tomorrow and ask them if they can install normal wrist seals and I'll source another glove solution. I looked that the Atlas 495's - the look exactly the sames as the BARE dry gloves. BARE is supposed to be installing a pee valve for me - hopefully there won't be any issues there.

My wife and I were just talking about this at dinner tonight. The darn thing probably won't fit right when I finally do get it !!!

John

Ya, One diver at my local shop does not fit into a stock SB size and would need the legs longer, he was told there is no way to do any custom sizing on the SB, :depressed:.

Not true... Bare will modify the arm or leg length to the sizing measurements. What they not modify is the body section....
3 of us bought these suits at the same time, the other 2 got an XL, but Bare shortened their leg section to fit them. It take a couple of weeks to get it done...

Not true... Bare will modify the arm or leg length to the sizing measurements. What they not modify is the body section....
3 of us bought these suits at the same time, the other 2 got an XL, but Bare shortened their leg section to fit them. It take a couple of weeks to get it done...

Agreed, Jim. I've a bit longer inseam than a standard XL & BARE is supposed to be making mine to fit. My dive shop spent 10 minutes measuring me & sent all that information to BARE back in May.

Agreed, Jim. I've a bit longer inseam than a standard XL & BARE is supposed to be making mine to fit. My dive shop spent 10 minutes measuring me & sent all that information to BARE back in May.

I had the same problem(?). What they did for me is put me in an XLT(tall) & fitted the length accordingly....

---------- Post Merged at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I have no idea why its taking such a long time for you to get your suit. My friend's came with a broken slider on the useless pocket. The shop sent it back in about 5 weeks ago, & he's finally picking it up today. Bare's Customer service is very slow on these suits. Perhaps having your LDS call & start raising hell.

I had the same problem(?). What they did for me is put me in an XLT(tall) & fitted the length accordingly....

---------- Post Merged at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I have no idea why its taking such a long time for you to get your suit. My friend's came with a broken slider on the useless pocket. The shop sent it back in about 5 weeks ago, & he's finally picking it up today. Bare's Customer service is very slow on these suits. Perhaps having your LDS call & start raising hell.

My LDS started following up with BARE weekly after 9 weeks outstanding and out of frustration - I've contacted BARE directly myself on multiple occasions. BARE's Customer Service people are friendly and responsive, but the calls haven't brought the suit to me. From a business perspective, it's bad practice to sell something you cannot deliver. I was told 6 weeks from order to delivery. Maybe BARE needs to level-set expectations within their retail outlets. If BARE needs 12 weeks to deliver the SB suit - they should tell people 12 weeks. The can be damn sure that if there's a single thread pulled, or poorly aligned seam - they're going to get it back.

I sure wish BARE had a presence on this board...

We just got the basic suit, no pee valve, glove system, etc. Probably, that's why it only took 4 weeks to get from the order date...

The last post on this suit was over two years ago. Any updates from anyone? Has Bare improved the supply problem? Any more leaks or delamination issues? I'm in the market for a new suit, and would like to hear more news on the SB system. Thanks!

I bought one a couple of years ago.
It was good for about 30 dives and then started to delaminate.

I sent it back in the off season and they placed heat tape over the areas where it was delaminating along the crotch seams.

This spring I started to dive it again and it was delaminating in the legs now.

I asked for a loaner suit, since I had a few courses scheduled for the summer, it took a few weeks for them to decide about that.

They did send a loaner suit- my LDS stated that it was probably going to be a replacement, since they would probably not bother to try to fix my suit again.
I have not heard anything back about my original suit.
The “loaner” so far is fine. I have been slightly damp, but cannot attribute it to delamination yet.

My recommendation:
I would pass on the SB system drysuit.

I am not confident that delamination problem is fixed and Bare has changed its lifetime warranty to Two years on material and lifetime on seams and workmanship.

I bought one a couple of years ago.
It was good for about 30 dives and then started to delaminate.

I sent it back in the off season and they placed heat tape over the areas where it was delaminating along the crotch seams.

This spring I started to dive it again and it was delaminating in the legs now.

I asked for a loaner suit, since I had a few courses scheduled for the summer, it took a few weeks for them to decide about that.

They did send a loaner suit- my LDS stated that it was probably going to be a replacement, since they would probably not bother to try to fix my suit again.
I have not heard anything back about my original suit.
The “loaner” so far is fine. I have been slightly damp, but cannot attribute it to delamination yet.

My recommendation:
I would pass on the SB system drysuit.

I am not confident that delamination problem is fixed and Bare has changed its lifetime warranty to Two years on material and lifetime on seams and workmanship.

I would agree - pass on the SB system drysuit.

After finally receiving mine, I began to struggle with failing seams & leakage (in the first year of use). Twice returned to Bare, twice repaired. After the second repair, I began pushing for replacement or a return/refund - even if it was pro-rated. My LDS wouldn't support my efforts & left me to argue my own case. Bare wouldn't budge & acted as if they weren't interested in keeping me as a customer. I felt I would have made inroads with Bare if my LDS would have lent their voice to mine, but they refused to get involved. As a result, I walked away from not only from the dive shop who sold me the suit - but from Bare as a brand.

My LDS did support my replacement of the SB system.

Bare contacted my LDS and asked about sending their loaner suit back to the company.
However, I still had not heard if they were repairing mine for the second time or replacing it.

Turns out that Bare had lost me in the shuffle – not even sure if they knew where they had placed my suit.
They offered to build a new SB system suit for me.
I sent in my size and boot/seals requirements.

A few days later I thought – what if the new suit delaminates?
I asked my LDS if Bare would replace it with the XCS2 compressed neoprene suit.
The shop called the Bare rep and no problem.

I am now the owner of a XCS2, came in a few days ago.

I think that things would not have gone so smoothly without the support of my dive shop.

Back
Top Bottom