New Bonaire Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom,

Occupancy is higher than 40%, infact is is very hard to calculate as most of the resorts don't like to give out the figures. It is guestimated at over 60%. Actually construction on Bonaire is going faster than I've seen in the last 15 years.

The government is doing very well regarding the growth on Bonaire. They have an excellent plan to keep the growth within check. They have designated the northern end of town for sustained tourism development. This is to protect our fragile eco-system. Believe me they are doing all they can and it seems to be working well.

Liz

My bean counter friends tell me that 70 percent is the magic number to break even. I love Bonaire and hate to see more rooms added when the present ones can't be filled. The politics swoon me. I get dizzy and headspinny just thinking about it all. My PBD is so intense -

I was in Bonaire for the first time in 8/2006. I thought the island was perfect as is, and was a little sad to see so many foundations and frameworks being laid out.

Hopefully, they won't add a resort(s) big enough to demand a traffic light. The one at Pasa Bon Pizza is enough for the island.

2 Bar:
Hopefully, they won't add a resort(s) big enough to demand a traffic light. The one at Pasa Bon Pizza is enough for the island.

AMEN brother!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom