New but loving it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pentiumchic

Reaction score
Ok I've been to my first 3 confined water classes.The dive shop I go to here doesn't do pool classes.In my case that's a good thing cause I wanted to know if I would hack it in a safe but real water type place.Oh I live in Hawaii.
Funny thing was I had a great time I loved it.I even hard problems that most learning divers don't have to deal with.First one was the low inflation connecter on the BCD kepted popping off and that was even before hitting the water.So I get another octi first second stage and all that with different hose.Then towards the end of the class in ten feet of water the hose to my second stage started spewing air.Needless to say that was all she wrote for the dive but was at the end of class 3 so no biggie.Insane thing is most would think of that as a "bad" dive.I still had a great time.Can't wait for the other classes.Insane?Or should maybe look into taking even more PADI classes?lol

PentiumChic aka Jen

pentiumchic once bubbled...
Ok I've been to my first 3 confined water classes.The dive shop I go to here doesn't do pool classes.

Where are you doing your confined water classes if it's not in a pool?

I live in Hawaii too - sounds like you're doing well in your classes. This is a great place to learn and get lots of information.

Have fun! :)

Welcome to the board - and to the rest of the world. You won't mind if we all come and crash at your place, will you?

Steven

Shameless plug for Kai Ohana Dive shop who deal mostly with military GI Bill thanks to PADI being collage credits.And are still nice people anyway!lol And they tend to do their confineds close to Waikiki.
Jen

PS live or die by spell check!(edit)

pentiumchic once bubbled...
I still had a great time.Can't wait for the other classes.Insane?Or should maybe look into taking even more PADI classes?lol
PentiumChic aka Jen
Glad you loved it. As beautiful as CA is, I'm envious of where you live. BTW by all means continue your dive education beyond OW.
pentiumchic once bubbled... So I get another octi first second stage and all that with different hose.Then towards the end of the class in ten feet of water the hose to my second stage started spewing air.
PentiumChic aka Jen
Terms:
"All that with different hose" is called a Regulator System.

"another octi first second stage" is:
1. First Stage Regulator (goes on the tank)
2. Second Stage Regulators include a) Primary and b) Alternate also called "octopus"
3. Low Pressure Inflator.

Your free flow problem could have been caused by sand or other debris getting caught. Or if the regulator has an adjustment screw and it is opened too far, or when you place the reg in the water with the mouth piece pointing up it may begin free flowing. Often you can stop this by tapping the purge valve or blocking or interrupting the flow at the mouthpiece forcing air through the exhaust diffuser assembly.

Anyway have fun in Hawaii - and keep going on your education.

Ok so not so good on naming stuff yet.She thought it was loose so more than likely a screw.I love California.Born and raised in Redding of all places.I'm now wondering what bass look like other than fried and on a plate now a days.(Scuba lake Shasta or even Whiskytown?)

Jen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom