New Camera Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
That little Fuji does look like a nice unit...I'd love to see some shots and hear from people as they get it underwater!
I will have one in about a month.. looking forward to it.

So the Canon A series uses LI-Ion batteries or something? What battery type tends to hold power longest? Also my roommate puts his camera on slideshow the night before so he can run it down and eliminate 'memory'. I thought this was an old problem and was not such an issue on modern batteries.

I'll also have to look into the FUJI. I won't be buying for a month or so due to a trip but when I get back I hope to use all of these suggestions. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

BTW Alcina, I farted around with the white balance yesterday on a 90 ft dive with 50' viz.....wow. Looks like I was at 10 feet. Thanks for the rookie tips writeup!

I use rechargeable NiMH. I can easily get 2 70+ minute dives with flash and lcd plus review from a set. I use from 2100- 2700's at the moment, whatever's charged :wink:

Don't know about "memory" - I don't worry about it. I use the batteries however much they get used, whap 'em in the charger, call it close enough. Not had a problem.

JackConnick:
Nikon CoolPix P5000 or the new P5100/P50 coming out soon. Fantasea Line has some great cases for them.

Jack

I have the Nikon Coolpix P5000 with Ikelite housing and DS125 strobe/TTL. The battery lasts for about 150-170 shots with the screen on etc. If you are like I was when I first got it (snapping at everything :no ) it lasted for an hour+ dive. Once you calm down and try to frame the shot and get the good shot rather than the bad shot, it would last several dives.

All in all, I think it is a great set-up :D . I look forward to scanning all my pics from Bonaire in November :popcorn: . I have only been able to find one wet lens for it so far....I am an amateur so this is less a problem than it might be for others.

This system definitely gets my thumbs up :thumbs_up: .

Back
Top Bottom