NEW Canon XSi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reports I've heard that have trickled in, is the camera takes excellent pictures. This is only topside.

I don't even know of a housing out yet for the xsi and I haven't heard any 'underwater' reports.

I am seriously thinking about getting one however. I think it will be an excellent investment for topside, or underwater. I've been kind of waiting to read the dpreview.com review on it.

It is my understanding that there is currently NO housing for the XSi, but it is being considered. For this reason, my husband and I bought the XTi.

See:

Ikelite: "450-D Digital Rebel XSiUnder consideration for a housing in the future. No information currently available.

at Canon Camera Chart

and internally at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/231137-new-canon-xsi.html

:)

For the record, we just bought the Xti, no housing yet. We are, however, LOVING taking photos with the XTi. :)

The reports I've heard that have trickled in, is the camera takes excellent pictures. This is only topside.

I don't even know of a housing out yet for the xsi and I haven't heard any 'underwater' reports.

I am seriously thinking about getting one however. I think it will be an excellent investment for topside, or underwater. I've been kind of waiting to read the dpreview.com review on it.
DigiFish - BlueBoxX S housing for Canon 450D / Rebel XSi

I'm looking at the Xsi, as well. Trying to follow the reports...

The housing will be available at B&H and Adorama by End of May/Start of June. Both sites are listing the price around $1,350.

Amigos,

Already delivered an Ikelite Canon Rebel XSi system to a customer. Pics below I shot with my own Canon Rebel XSi, 18-55mm IS lens and single Ikelite DS125 strobe.

All using TTL too :)

Best bang for the buck in dSLR quality today!

dhaas
David Haas Underwater Photography

Attachments

• RebelXSiUW1.jpg
    RebelXSiUW1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 139
  • RebelXSiUW2.jpg
    RebelXSiUW2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 102
  • RebelXSiUW3.jpg
    RebelXSiUW3.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 123
Best bang for the buck in dSLR quality today!

dhaas

Well, maybe not TODAY since with the rebates the 40D is only about $100, if that, more :wink: Of course, that ignores the differences in housing prices etc and is only a short term deal LOL

This XSi is by all accounts a nice step up over the already great 400D so they should fly off the shelves!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom