NEW Canon XSi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goddess Alcina -- what to do?

40D -- with rebates ($250 off the $1130 price) and the 28-135mm IS/USM lens -- $880 at Amazon (free shipping)

XSi -- with the 18-55 mm IS/USM lens -- $800 at Amazon (free shipping)

What is a poor old Rebel owner (with 80-200 f4 "L" lens) owner to do?

40D -- with rebates ($250 off the $1130 price) and the 28-135mm IS/USM lens -- $880 at Amazon (free shipping)

Where did you find THIS price? Sign me up RIGHT NOW for it, I don't see it. The best price I've seen is $919 40D body only or $1073 with the 40D + 28-135 IS lens in my Amazon Gold Box yesterday. $880 for that combo is a total freakin no brainer, imho! Put two in your basket and I'll transfer the cash to you :D

Both are good systems - check the prices of the housing you want etc, too. But at the current 40D prices, I'd go with it hands down.

XSi -- with the 18-55 mm IS/USM lens -- $800 at Amazon (free shipping)

What is a poor old Rebel owner (with 80-200 f4 "L" lens) owner to do?

Hmm, I thought the 40D rebate was only $200? Or are you counting the $50 upgrade offer for existing Rebel owners?

Alcina -- The 40D price is based on the listed price on Amazon and then taking the $200 40D rebate (again, I'm assuming that this is NOT included in the Amazon price but if I'm wrong, oh well) and yes, the $50 Rebel upgrade rebate. In looking at the Amazon website, I couldn't find anything that said the $200 rebate was already included in the "basic" $1129.99 price -- or is it? (And don't forget, this is priced in our puny U.S. dollar!)

And yes, Goddess -- it applies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom