New Cert. Agency "simplifying training for adults and children".

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
From Immersed (Winter 2002/ vol.7, no. 4 p.16):

European Scuba Agency, a new scuba training and certification organization based in Rome, launched its program at the Diving Equipment & Marketing Association show this fall in LasVegas, Nev. Course material that the Italian agency presented at DEMA was geared to simplifying training for adults and children. Four-page pamphlets summed up diving skills in comic form, with no explanation of the science and physiology of diving to confuse students. For information, visit http://www.esaweb.net

Hi Stephen,

I find it very strange, I follow quite a few European boards, but this is the first time someone mentions ESA.

Even on the Italian board, which is known to be quite receptive of these things, there is no mention not under ESA, nor under European Scuba Agency.

On their website they cite some sort of agreement with the marine park of Miramare, in Trieste, north-west part of Italy.

I have an acquaintance who works there as a biologist, I'll try and ask her if she has any extra info.

Anyone else find it funny that their agency is called "ESA"? That's like CESA without the control...

Wonder if their approach to simplified training led to their choice in acronym...

Hmmm...doesn't teach any of the science and physiology of diving. So, in other words, when they are taught not to ascend quickly to the surface, or told not to hold their breath, the reason they tell them is "Because I said so."?

IMHO, if you really want to get into diving, you should be prepared to learn all the information behind it. Next thing you know, C-Cards will be handed out to people that can put on a BC.

Thomas

Yep. if ther's one sure fire way to not confuse someone it's to not tell them anything.

I say give everyone a card and we'll train the ones who are still around in a year. Call it an aptitude test.

I didn't think we could get any lower than a resort course.....

the list of award candidates has gotten a little thin lately..... this ought to help.

Back
Top Bottom