new dive rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

babar

Contributor
Reaction score
Howdy

I'm not a rebreather diver, but my diveshop just had a talk and demo of the new DR rebreather. Can anyone comment on it? I thought it looked great. And those new scrubber 'cartridges' look much easier. It looks like a clean, well designed rig, and it's seems to be the same price or cheaper than some similar CCRs on the market, but again, I'm not an RB diver. What do people think?

Babar
"not an RB diver"

babar:
Howdy

I'm not a rebreather diver, but my diveshop just had a talk and demo of the new DR rebreather. Can anyone comment on it? I thought it looked great. And those new scrubber 'cartridges' look much easier. It looks like a clean, well designed rig, and it's seems to be the same price or cheaper than some similar CCRs on the market, but again, I'm not an RB diver. What do people think?

Babar
"not an RB diver"

I am a re-breather diver and instructor trainer as well. I saw the unit at DEMA Houston, and talked to the folks at DiveRite about it. Further, I know the manufacturer of the controller system. Although it has changed a little bit since then, I can tell you it is a well-thought out, and well-put together system.

The concept of using as many off-the-shelf components as possible is an excellent one from both the diver and the manufacturer's stand-point.

The cartridges are easy to use, and should be quite functional in the predicted dive regime of the unit.

When you combine that with a flexible design, and Juergensen's state of the art controllers, you've got a winner.

The big negative at this point is that the unit is 70 pounds. I don't know why yet.

I would love to get a rebreather. I am tired of short dives to deep depths and climbing the boat ladder with double 120s.

Is that 70lbs with the tanks filled and scrubber material?

Doesn't that kinda rule out travel with the unit?

Is there any word on a new dive computer from diverite?

ScubaDadMiami:
The big negative at this point is that the unit is 70 pounds. I don't know why yet.

I would love to get a rebreather. I am tired of short dives to deep depths and climbing the boat ladder with double 120s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom