New Dive Shop - Rocky Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZTinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We spent last weekend in Rocky Point, Sonora, hanging on the beach for Colleen's birthday. While taking a break from the beach in the Old Port section of town, we found a new dive shop. According to the gal who was running the sales counter, they've been open for a couple of months.

When Sun & Fun disappeared a while back, there was not a dive shop in town. The owner of the BOOBAR decided to open a new shop. This shop is located on a side street behind the BOOBAR in the Old Port. They've got a website (Rocky Point Scuba Diving | Certification and Dive Trips) up and running for folks who are looking for online information.

They are running dive trips. The trip leader is an Arizona NAUI Instructor who has organized and led trips for Phoenix area dive shops. She knows diving in the Northern Sea of Cortez and down into the Baja side of the Sea very well.

I'm currently working with her to organize a trip over the Labor Day Weekend. I'll post a report if the things come together and we do the trip. Here are a few photos of the new shop.

-AZTinman

ADD_5330.jpg

ADD_5332.jpg

ADD_5334.jpg

Good for Lea finally opening a shop. I met her in 2007 diving & running groups in the Sea of Cortez. You'll have fun diving with her.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom