New diver/dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebelmarine62

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to diving I just brought a ist 3000 wrist computer. I was always taught to have a backup when diving but computers are expensive. I'm also diving with a single spg no depth gauge. Do they make a everyday use watch that tells time and depth that doesn't cost as much as a computer. Also should I have a regular 200 m watch on when diving?

For recreational diving a backup is not really necessary. As far as watches go for scuba they need to be 200m minimum. A watch that reads depth will usually cost more than a cheap computer, citizen make such a watch I think is called aqualand but it is more expensive than many dive computers. If you only want backup of time and depth then a bottom timer, scubapro, may suit, it's cheaper than most full computers. If you want a full computer then it's advisable to have one with the same algorithm as your primary or you could find one of them locking you out if you chose to follow your primary and its algorithm was more liberal than your backup, you could of course just follow the most conservative. Oceanic make a "back up" computer, BUD, which has dual algorithm so can choose the one that more closely matches your primary. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom