New Diver Going HOG-DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After giving a great amount of thought to this matter, and being that I'm in no great hurry to die...I picked up a Dive Rite standard harness yesterday. I'll ditch the deluxe harness and rig the standard one when I get out of the office today.

Hopefully I can get my hog rig and long hose finished before my BC and AIR-2 kill me off. Oh Yeah, did I tell you all that just the other day I caught my AIR-2 trying to sneak up behind me. It had escaped from my dive locker and I'm reasonably sure it would have done me in if not for my cat like reflexes.:14:

Cat like reflexes? Oh I got it. Jumped in the litter box and it would not follow! Have to remember that next time my recreational guage console tries to mug my brass and glass spg.

MBH, you are going to survive the transition to the dark side because you have a lovely sense of humor.

However, I seem to remember something about senses of humor being unacceptable failure points in the DIR system . . . :D

TSandM:
However, I seem to remember something about senses of humor being unacceptable failure points in the DIR system . . . :D

I guess the crotch strap would foil the local comedian from de-pantsing another diver during a deco stop.:D

MBH:
Hopefully I can get my hog rig and long hose finished before my BC and AIR-2 kill me off. Oh Yeah, did I tell you all that just the other day I caught my AIR-2 trying to sneak up behind me. It had escaped from my dive locker and I'm reasonably sure it would have done me in if not for my cat like reflexes.:14:
You know, a 5' long hose is a perfect defensive weapon for keeping surly AIR-2s out of striking range. :D
MBH:
I guess the crotch strap would foil the local comedian from de-pantsing another diver during a deco stop.:D
I thought you were new to this...

MSilvia:
You know, a 5' long hose is a perfect defensive weapon for keeping surly AIR-2s out of striking range. :D

Good idea! I'll remember that one!

In celebration of having my very first offending post deleted by a ScubaBoard Mod. (It was in another thread).....I ordered my wing from scubaToys today....

Oxycheq MachV Wing for a measley $285. plus UPS ground.:14:

MBH:

Hey, DIR says you should be wearing a TRILAM suit, so there shouldn't be any problems with depantsing. Now, he might unzip you and do things to you... And I'm suprised your DIR buds let you off the hook for buying DR instead of Halcyon.

MBH:
Oxycheq MachV Wing for a measley $285. plus UPS ground.:14:
Nice! OxyCheq makes a great wing. :thumbs_up:

PvilleStang:
I'm suprised your DIR buds let you off the hook for buying DR instead of Halcyon.
Why? Do you think Halcyon is "more DIR" than other brands of similar gear? A DR plate is as valid a choice as the next brand, as far as I'm aware.

PvilleStang:
Hey, DIR says you should be wearing a TRILAM suit[/quote

Rest assured that I will soon be wearing a TLS350 or whatever the DUI designation for that suit is.

I am a cold water sissy.:crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom