New Diver in Corpus Christi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gr8WyattWhale

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,
New diver here! Anyone know some good places to dive near Corpus Christi Texas?
I've heard of the Port Aransas Jetties, and Port Mansfield (not sure where in Port Mansfield).
I just heard of possibly a spot in Rockport TX. Anyone been diving near Rockport?

Go offshore from port A and dive the rigs and some of the wrecks. Since you say you are a new diver I would start with rig dives, you will be able to choose your depth and still be on structure. If you're wanting to practice from some from shore you could also look at the Packery Jetty just south of Corpus. Port Mansfield is probably 50 miles south of Corpus. You can also check with American Divers on South Padre to dive the Texas Clipper.

Thanks for the info! Right now I'm just looking for dives from shore because I don't have a boat and don't want to spend the money to charter one.
I am joining a rig dive out of CC mid April though and I can't wait!

I'll be staying in Rockport this winter if anyone is interested in some local dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom