New Diver in Dallas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helmetHEC

Reaction score
Hello All

I finally decided that Golf wasn't for me, so I gave it up and fell in love with Scuba. I live in the landlocked Dallas area.and am wondering if anyone can share some interesting dive sites relatively close to Dallas.
Thank you

Welcome to the boards and diving.

Define relatively close.

Depending on where in the Dallas area you are:

Clear Springs in Terrell... about an hour or so.

Athens in Athens... About 1.5 hrs

Possum Kingdom outside Mineral Wells... 2.5-3 hrs

Tyler State Park.... 2 hours or so

Lake Travis in Austin... 4 hours give or take.

There is an active group called the Texas Swamp Diving team in this area. We welcome new divers. We have our own little section of the board. This weekend we are having a get together at Possum Kingdom.

You are welcome to join us at any time.

TwoBit

Glad you found us. Be sure and post in the clubs and localities forums to hook up with folks in your area.

Also when you get a chance provide us with some of your personal diving history, experiences, or stories ... again welcome we're glad you found us.

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England. Have fun here and Dive Safe.............

That's makes 3 of us! I've been certified since 91 (NAUI OW) but have been out of it for a while. Wife just got certifed so that means I'll get wet on a more regular basis. Maybe I'll see ya'll down there.

Glenn

As a former Dallasite myself, surely you have heard of the

T rinity
U nderwater
R esearch
D ivers

Welcome aboard!

I think you will find golf and scuba compare in that they both mean you spend a lot of $$ on equipment! Welcome!

Sapphire

Back
Top Bottom