New Diver, Need regulator advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Per atomic, Z2/Z3 is available with the 1st stage swivel as an option. I'll be damned if I can find the sku # to have my LDS order one though.
If you really want the swivel option, check out the Hog D3 first stage. I love mine.

Well I have been doing some research and I found 2 authorized dealers 1 hour away from me that will service the HOG regulators, one is in Key Largo and the other is in Delrey Beach. I also searched for Deep Six dealers near Miami and it's pretty far from me.

You will not go wrong with HOG, promise ya that. I have used HOG extensively for the last 5 years in varying conditions and have never had an issue. I have never been diving with anyone diving HOGs that have had an issue. I can say I have been diving with people diving other brands of regs and have seen some catastrophic stuff in the same number of years. Thats not to say HOG is literally bullet proof and everything else sucks, because that is simply not the case. I am just conveying my personal experience.

I actually bought the package deal Friday, I'm hoping to have them by next weekend ,as I am going diving!!!

So it seems not many shops locally service HOG regulators in Miami, I wonder if I'm going to have the same problem with servicing Deep Six regulators here in Miami.

Well I have been doing some research and I found 2 authorized dealers 1 hour away from me that will service the HOG regulators, one is in Key Largo and the other is in Delrey Beach. I also searched for Deep Six dealers near Miami and it's pretty far from me.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, so I am relatively close.

I've been very tempted by the deep6 offerings, but haven't been able to convince myself over concerns of future supplier obsolescence. I wish the best for deep 6, but feel that there's a gamble with any small business that 5 years from now when I need parts or want to send the regulator in for service that they'll be available. As someone looking to buy my 1st regulator set, even feeling comfortable doing my own services, that holds me back.

This shouldn't be a worry, we will always offer service parts for our regulators.

This shouldn't be a worry, we will always offer service parts for our regulators.

I don't doubt you have every intention in doing so. Deep6 seems like a fantastic company that stands behind their products. I work in an industry where supplier obsolescence is a major concern, so I'm a bit more sensitive to companies with even the best intentions going out of businesses for one reason or another and parts not being available. As a result, my personal risk tolerance for such things, particularly on a first regulator set for my wife and I, along with wanting to be able to get parts quickly abroad, etc, has led me in another direction for this purchase. There's always that 2nd set though, especially as I learn to service my own equipment.

There is a store in Ft Lauderdale by Commercial and A1A who would service your Deep6.
Why not contact Deep6 directly and ask them where you can get your regs serviced.

with wanting to be able to get parts quickly abroad, etc, has led me in another direction for this purchase.

@saxman242 You shouldn't have to worry about getting parts abroad... our regs come with a set of service kits for you to keep with you.

@saxman242 You shouldn't have to worry about getting parts abroad... our regs come with a set of service kits for you to keep with you.

Now if you guys just had regs in stock :D I'm ready to throw money at you. I got a shiny new credit card I got suckered into applying for on my flight home from St Thomas a couple weeks ago. Coming soon?

@LandonL , that makes two of us!
I really want to give these Deep6 regs a run!

Any timeline for DIN Signatures?

Back
Top Bottom