New diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently completed my PADI OW and contained dives. OW dives scheduled for June 3&4 - can't wait! I've already been scopin' gear......will jump into my AOW this summer and hope to ice the cake with my NITROX module before the fall. Great dive center here in Montreal - they do two Carribean trips a year (March & November) and cold-water wreck diving along the St-Lawrence seaway and lower Great Lakes. I have a place to drop my gear in California so look forward to take a drink there too. I've heard great things about this board - glad to have made it here!

Welcome aboard! Don't believe anything I tell you, I mean what people tell you about me. Is it warming up yet up there? I was in Montreal a few weeks back and froze my dump valve off!

Hi deepbluegirlca!

Welcome to SB!

Diverlady

ROF - yup, sure was cold then! It snowed last week too....nothing hung around but it still gets in the way with the mental image of spring lol

mempilot:
Welcome aboard! Don't believe anything I tell you, I mean what people tell you about me. Is it warming up yet up there? I was in Montreal a few weeks back and froze my dump valve off!

70's sounds good to me!
I'm doing my OW dives in Brockville June 4-6. They are supplying a 7ml suit I think and a shorty overtop that plus gloves - which they chuckled over. Seems doing all the skills with gloves on is quite the event!

The lds invested a lot of time trying to get a military destroyer sunk there but it failed in the end due to local objections. They are getting back on the horse though, they believe they will succeed this time as a lot of industry has shut down there and in a few years the dive/tourist dollar will look good to them and hopefully overcome thier argument that divers will not be good for their "quiet town". Seems like it is about 5yrs of paperwork to complete.

BobRussell:
Expect the water to still be cool in early June, but the St Lawrence around Brockville gets into the seventies in August and September.

Great diving in Kingston also. See www.divercity.on.ca

Howdy Lady!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Do your AOW and your Nitrox at the same time. Save a little money, and since Padi requires 2 dives on Nitrox training, include them in your AOW dives. AND - you'll be ready for more serious diving if the occassion comes into play.

don

:D

Thanks for the great tips!! Much appreciated!

DandyDon:
Howdy Lady!

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Do your AOW and your Nitrox at the same time. Save a little money, and since Padi requires 2 dives on Nitrox training, include them in your AOW dives. AND - you'll be ready for more serious diving if the occassion comes into play.

don

:D

Hi DeepBlue, Brockville in June requires a hood also. Oven mitt type gloves and a thick hood combine to make the skill circuit most entertaining. Just take it easy - they are not timed and are not judged for style.

ps. There is no noticable thermocline at Brockville.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom