New DPV - Dive Xtras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to break in on a competitors thread to correct you, but Dewalt only advertises the "20V" batteries in the Americas to supposedly differentiate them from their older 18V NiCad batteries. They are actually 18V packs containing 5 (or 5 parallel groups) of 3.6V cells in series. 5 x 3.6V cell =18V. In Europe and the rest of the world, Dewalt calls them 18V packs because of truth in advertising laws.
DEWALT - Products - Attachments - Batteries - XR FLEXVOLT Battery PacksBatteries - XR FLEXVOLT Battery Packs - Home
Same batteries, different labels.

No worries! I appreciate the correction. I did not know that.

But, the point remains that the P1 packs a lot less power than what a BT with 12Ah batteries does. Yet they claim the same runtime, at 150fpm.

My BlackTip is supposed to arrive tomorrow. It will be my first experience with a scooter of any type.

When my diving gets to the point where a BT is not enough scooter for me, your Genesis 2.1 is at the top of my list!

But if what you're saying is true, then it would mean that we can't trust marketing! And if one business stretched the truth to make profits, who knows, maybe others might do the same!

Edit: Does this mean your warp cores aren't actual warp cores?

Well, we do use custom dual 18650 cell holders on the layers and a "di-" prefix simply means "two or double," so technically we do have dilithium cell holders. It is also a stack of multiple layers inside a tube, just like the Enterprise warp core. And at night, the bioluminescent bits in the water at full speed look like the opening credits. You decide.

Well, we do use custom dual 18650 cell holders on the layers and a "di-" prefix simply means "two or double," so technically we do have dilithium cell holders. It is also a stack of multiple layers inside a tube, just like the Enterprise warp core. And at night, the bioluminescent bits in the water at full speed look like the opening credits. You decide.
So it’s a warp core that isn’t tied into a warp drive. Looks like an oversight.

300ft/min does hurt,

Piranha drive train is more efficient than the Blacktip, thats where difference comes from. The belt drive gear reduction gives you that gain. Also note Piranha is 2lbs lighter. There are other ways to get efficiency, but the Piranha was heavily optimized for weight. The Blacktip was optimized for value.

My BlackTip arrived today! Yay! Thank you, Deep6 Gear, @LandonL, @cerich! I can’t wait to get it in the water!

Now, can somebody tell me what’s up with the display for the battery meter?

It has what looks like a red magic marker swoosh in the corner. Is that some kind of protective film I’m supposed to peel off? When I power up the scooter, I can see the battery meter displayed.

98EB05A0-89BF-4425-B48D-F84F84B0F6D0.jpeg

Also, how much is the parasitic drain on the batteries?

If I put my batteries in at 6am and don’t start diving until 10, how much will I have lost?

Also, how much is the parasitic drain on the batteries?

If I put my batteries in at 6am and don’t start diving until 10, how much will I have lost?
Good question. Thinking of how I build gear up and dive, there can be several hours between build and dive. Hopefully not 4 hours, that would be a bad day or a really long boat ride. Is there a way to put a watt meter between the batteries and the controller? Even if just for bench testing.

Okay, okay! I peeled off m on the battery meter!

Thank you. You know who you are. :p

Back
Top Bottom