New EDGE D2 1st stage VS old EDGE (NOT HOG) D2 1st stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just the a different chrome finish? .....................Is there going to be a chromed HOG version so technical divers can buy one?:cool2:

Your question confuses me. AFAIK the Edge 1st stage models are the TI Extreme, Epic 2012, EXP and Enduro. The D2 is a Hog brand reg?

Or have I totally missed something?

I think he is asking if there is a difference in the older EPIC first stage vs. the new EPIC 2012 first stage. The two models look the same to me. And the only difference between the HOG D2 and the older Edge EPIC first stages was the black finish. I assume that has not changed.

evad, what is wrong with the black finish on the D2? If you really don't like it, why not buy Epic first stages and use HOG second stages as a compromise?

Are you saying the D2 is only available in black? My understanding was that the black version was a limited QTY special edition D2 and the normal D2 was with a chrome finish. I am curious to hear the response because I have purchased 2 (two) cold water D2's and both are chrome finish :D.

he confused me as well...

The VERY first EDGE EPIC (and my first reg either brand) looks very similar to the current Epic first stage, however it had a conical seat that while gave great performance, wasn't what I wanted, so i had a new second stage that was the same look with the same HP seat as the D1 made, that ws the 2nd Gen EDGE Epic and also the D2 with different chrome. the Latest EDGE Epic has a different chrome again for a different look but is the same reg.

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:49 AM ----------

no, the D2 is a special edition in black chrome, not a limited edition or limited qty. Just special in the black chrome. I have never made a D2 in any other chrome, if you have a other than black chrome version of that reg from EDGE you have a EDGE Epic first stage.
Are you saying the D2 is only available in black? My understanding was that the black version was a limited QTY special edition D2 and the normal D2 was with a chrome finish. I am curious to hear the response because I have purchased 2 (two) cold water D2's and both are chrome finish :D.

My bad....mine is a D1. Nothing to see here. Move along. Sorry for the erroneous post and hijack.

so i had a new second stage that was the same look with the same HP seat as the D1 made, that ws the 2nd Gen EDGE Epic and also the D2 with different chrome. the Latest EDGE Epic has a different chrome again for a different look but is the same reg.

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:49 AM ----------

That's the answer to the salient part of the question.
Thanks

How do I tell the 1st gen. EDGE Epic from the second gen. EDGE Epic?
( I love the finish on the latest version)

open it up.... :) seriously if you see a standard and tri (darker) chromeor grey blast finished chrome it is a epic that is the same as a D2
That's the answer to the salient part of the question.
Thanks

How do I tell the 1st gen. EDGE Epic from the second gen. EDGE Epic?
( I love the finish on the latest version)

open it up.... :) seriously if you see a standard and tri (darker) chromeor grey blast finished chrome it is a epic that is the same as a D2

Thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom