New Egypt E-Visa for US Citizens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a sub 2 hour connection in cai to hurghada. I'm trying to cut through any time standing at a kiosk in cai.

I've got a sub 2 hour connection in cai to hurghada. I'm trying to cut through any time standing at a kiosk in cai.

I had a slightly psychotic driver waiting to terrify me all the way to Port Suez so the longer I stayed at the kiosk I figured was the longer I stayed alive. LOL

@outofofficebrb , I think the website is legit, but just concerned that it might not be as smooth a process as it seems...also, it just seems a lot more is required by applying online, whereas on the ground, you give them USD$25 and they give you the entry visa sticker. Seems like a no questions asked process.

Thanks for bringing to my attention the scammy middlemen. I did not know they were allowed before customs.

@rayaslin , I understand. I wonder how long the wait is in that line. I have no idea. You might want to try asking on the Egypt forum on Tripadvisor as well.

I just found out that my “other” citizenship can get me into Egypt with no requirement for a visa. Haha, who knew! I never knew that “other” citizenship of mine would actually be beneficial!

Last edited:
We got our visas when we landed in Hurghada, since we connected in Europe, not Cairo. It took five minutes for my wife and me, as there were only a couple of people in line ahead of us. Handed them money and passport, and they handed the passport back with a stamp. No questions asked, no documentation required other than the passport.

Well it looks like no one has used this yet...and someone has to go first...so I'm going to try it.

I travel in May.

I'll report back in a couple of months and let you know how it worked out.

Well it looks like no one has used this yet...and someone has to go first...so I'm going to try it.

I travel in May.

I'll report back in a couple of months and let you know how it worked out.

Thanks for taking one for the team. :D

I had sent off my passport to the paid middleman and paid the consular fee in the States. When we got to the Cairo airport there was a line for people who did not yet have a visa and a line for those who did. By the time we got to the baggage area people from both lines were there standing around. By the time the luggage arrived we were all equal, but some of us had paid more for our visa in the US in money and worry.

Only for EU countries, Australia, Canada, Croatia, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Macedonia, Malaysia, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Serbia, Ukraine and USA (some other countries are exempted and others are required to have a pre-arrival visa) :

When you arrive in Egypt, you find bank desks in the arrival hall (before customs) where you can buy the visa sticker (25 usd) and eventually change money. You have to present your passport and no question will be asked.

You will be asked your identification, origin, destination, hotel name, purpose of visit, etc on the little card you'll have to fill for the customs and give this card with your passport (with the visa sticker) to the official who should stamp it, allowing the entry.

I had never heard of this website, hope to have a report of anyone who tried, it may prevent you from queuing up when you arrive just after a plane full of ukrainians and another full of brits... :D

From the USA or from Luxembourg https://blog.macsales.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/walking-dollar.png

if you travel to Egypt on holiday for a 30 day period just buy the visa sticker on arrival 25 $, the bank clerk will stick it on a blank page of your passport, fill out the landing card and go to passport control who will stamp it

Attachments

• egypt-visa1 (1).jpg
    egypt-visa1 (1).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 64
and this is your landing card, it is either distributed by the cabin crew or you'll find it in the arrival hall

Attachments

• 13108751_878808358896671_65188165_n.jpg
    13108751_878808358896671_65188165_n.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 55
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom