New Egypt E-Visa for US Citizens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last time I went there (yesterday) Croatia was EU country.....sorry, couldn't resist.:surrender:
BTW, what happened with supposed visa price increase?

sorry, copy/paste from a page not updated without reading it....

1_Yt2t7.jpg

Just another experience (although a non-US one, I'm Australian). Once I worked out how to resize a jpeg it was a straightforward process and I had my pdf evisa in about 32 hours. This is really helpful for the minority of us who might be crossing into Egypt from Israel overland.

Just wanted to follow up on this thread - just returned from egypt, having used the e-visa.

I printed and took the E-Visa doc with me, in case there was a problem. There was none. The biggest challenge I had in Cairo was finding the immigration/customs - it was a long walk and there were lots of interesting turns, however, after about 15 min of walking - we found it. That may have been unique to our arrival gate in Cairo, on the way back to the UK, through Cairo we got off the plane and were right on top of the exit immigration desk.

The actual process was error free - they took my passport, glanced momentarily at the E-Visa paperwork I brought and then looked up my info.

A tip about the overall travel in Cairo - you will have to go through security twice...once when you go through immigration, then again at the gate.

There is nothing at all to do at the gate...no shopping, no food - so if you are walking to the gate, have extra time, and see food - stop and get what you want, once you get to the actual gate, nothing will be close by.

It would not have been that big of a deal to have to go to the machine to get a visa, but I was happy not to have to deal with it...particularly since our incoming flight had run 45 min late...just one less thing to have concerned myself with.

Just wanted to follow up on this thread - just returned from egypt, having used the e-visa.

I printed and took the E-Visa doc with me, in case there was a problem. There was none. The biggest challenge I had in Cairo was finding the immigration/customs - it was a long walk and there were lots of interesting turns, however, after about 15 min of walking - we found it. That may have been unique to our arrival gate in Cairo, on the way back to the UK, through Cairo we got off the plane and were right on top of the exit immigration desk.

The actual process was error free - they took my passport, glanced momentarily at the E-Visa paperwork I brought and then looked up my info.

A tip about the overall travel in Cairo - you will have to go through security twice...once when you go through immigration, then again at the gate.

There is nothing at all to do at the gate...no shopping, no food - so if you are walking to the gate, have extra time, and see food - stop and get what you want, once you get to the actual gate, nothing will be close by.

It would not have been that big of a deal to have to go to the machine to get a visa, but I was happy not to have to deal with it...particularly since our incoming flight had run 45 min late...just one less thing to have concerned myself with.

Wonderful! Thank you for the follow up and information. 105 days left for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom